twenty

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Season 3: Episode 22, The Departed

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

"Mel! Coda! Open the fucking door!" Caroline yelled and banged on the twin's front door. She had almost tried breaking in with vampire strength but considered the creepy hexes Coda had informed her of during a drinking excursion in the event anyone bothered breaking into their home while they slept. Caroline assumed those had only intensified since Alaric took Mel and Coda threatened him. 

The blonde jumped as someone tapped her shoulder and spun to see Rebekah Mikaelson, tears brimming her pretty blue eyes. Caroline almost brought the Original into a hug from the sheer puppy-like expression on her face.

Before Caroline could speak, the front door swung open to reveal an incredibly pissed-off Malacoda Parker, his hair sticking out in different directions. "This better be fucking good, Goldielocks One and Two, or I'm finding a way to bring Alaric back. Force, what do I have to do to get a single night's fucking sleep in this shitty one-pony town?"

"They took him," Rebekah muttered, pushing past the siphon, and heading straight for the kitchen where the twins kept their alcohol. Coda pursed his lips and shot a questioning look to Caroline who looked at the Original with sympathy.

"I'll go get Mel," Caroline said and headed off upstairs to the older siphon's bedroom.

"Took who?" Coda asked, handing Rebekah a glass for her drink then the bottle.

"Nik," Rebekah said blankly and downed her drink before pouring another. "They immobilized him and shoved him somewhere. Alaric's looking for him."

"That's... bad?"

Rebekah huffs a small laugh. "Yeah, yeah, it is. My stupid hybrid brother got taken down by a below-mediocre witch, the whiny new hybrid, and the love-sick doppelganger-loving vampire's." She downs another drink. Coda refills it for her. "I'm never letting him live this down."

"I'll drink to that." Coda clinks their glasses together, and they drink.

"You two done with the drinking pity party?" Mel raises a brow as she comes down the stairs with Caroline, a hard expression on her face. "Where's Elijah and Kol?"

"Elijah's making a deal with the doppelganger and her little friends. We keep Niklaus desiccated with us, and she continues breathing." Rebekah says, "Kol's on his way back."

Coda snorts, "Continues breathing, huh?" He grins, "She can technically "continue breathing" through a life-support machine."

"Dibs." Rebekah claims.

Coda groans, "No fair. It was my idea!"

"We can make it a group project." Rebekah adds and tightens her grip on her glass.

"Let's find Nik first, then we'll brainstorm revenge fantasies," Mel says and twirls a kitchen knife while Caroline lays down a map on the countertop. Rebekah sliced her palm, dripping the blood onto the map, then intertwines her hands with both Coda and Mel who intertwine their free hand with each other before beginning to chant while they siphon from the Original.

Mel clicked her tongue, "Got him."

"That was Elijah. He's brokered one of his deals." Rebekah says, putting her phone back into her pocket with a displeased expression. "Damon's meeting us here."