*24*

WARNINGS: "Affair"

Daisy's POV:

This year for Halloween, my dad is dressing up as a vampire, my mom as a witch, and I am dressing up as a princess. I had a feeling that Violet was not going to take me out trick or treating, but I didn't feel bad that she couldn't, because she deserved a night to herself.

After I finished putting my costume on, I hear some conflict happening between my parents, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but after everything that happened, after the break-in. I didn't want to add more stress."

Dad says to my mom, "Hey, you had every right to react exactly the way you did. But believe me. Hayden is over." Hayden is the girl, whom my dad had the affair with in Boston-the state we used to live in, before we moved here, across country, to California.

I didn't want to hear the annoying guy, whom my parents chose to help decorate the house, in hopes of selling it with a potential and interested buyer tonight.

I didn't have a choice, I had to walk to my parents, with the annoying guy there. I say to my parents, "Ok. I'm all set, Daddy." They look at me, and they are absolutely adored.

My mom gushes, "Aww, honey. You look so cute" My dad smiles, "Hey, you" He gives me a noogie, and I whine, "Not the hair! You know how long it took me to do this?" He smiles, "Ready for some trick or treating?" I jump up and down, "Yes!"

My mom pats my dad on the shoulders, and jokingly says, "Forget Violet. We still have some time with this one." The annoying guy enters and he looks at me in my costume, "Now that is a costume. I love her energy."

Daddy protects me, as he holds me, safely and tightly in his grasp, as mom kicks the two annoying men out of the house. Dad sets me down on the floor, "Are you okay?" Mom, "I don't believe you, Ben. You tell me your story, but there's a little glimmer in your eye. A little...lie. A little darkness. And I don't want to live with suspicions anymore. So I want you to go."

She was kicking my dad out. I start to cry, "No. Mom! No!" She pulls me to her side, as she separates me from my father. She continues, "I want you to go."

But then, the strangest thing happens- my mom starts to scream in pain, and I run to my father in fear and fright. He asks her, "What is it?" She gasps, "It feels like the baby's kicking." Dad, "That's impossible. It's only eight weeks old."

Mom, "I gotta go to the hospital" Violet comes down the stairs, "Stay here, and don't answer the door." I drew a line in the line of confusion, "Don't answer the door? It's Halloween."

I sit in Violet's room, where I am left to ponder who is going to take me trick and treating. Violet and I hear pounding at the door and ringing the doorbell, "Screw you! You owe me!"

It looks like a man whom my sister and I have never seen before. Violet holds me close in her arms, not just because she is afraid, but also because she is protecting me.

Violet calls our dad and I say, "Daddy, there's some man here, screaming about money." Violet, "We think he might be one of your patients. Should we call the cops?" Dad said to keep the door closed, and to not call the cops.

The alarm was triggered as my parents pulled up to the driveway of the house from the hospital, "Violet! Daisy? Violet? Daisy?" Our parents were frantic as they searched the house for my sister and I.

I come out of my hideaway spot, the one that Violet told me to go to, "Mommy! Daddy!" My parents hug me. Mom, "Thank god that you are alright." Dad pets my hair. Mom, "Where's your sister?"

I ask confused, "She's not here?" Dad looks to my mom, "Call her cell phone" Mom was well underway with doing that.