*23*

Daisy's POV:

It was finally Halloween! I was so excited to go trick and treating later, for the first time in this neighborhood as well!

Ben's POV:
Halloween, and here I am, having a session of therapy and coffee with Tate, outside of my house. I looked around at all of the decorations that the town has put up, at all of the children in their cute costumes while smoking a cigarette of my own.

Tate, "She reminds you of Violet and Daisy, doesn't she?" The sight brought me back to when Violet was small, she would dress up in costumes, scary costumes like vampires- while she wanted to maintain Daisy's innocence, by dressing her up in cute animal costumes like bumblebees, cats and ladybugs, because believe it or not, Daisy was a baby less than 6 years ago.

While remembering the past, I say, "She had to be scary, while Daisy had to be cute. My fierce girls. Just like their mom. Smart and beautiful. No need to be like anyone else."

I state, "The thing is I was a- I was a troubled kid too. I was kind of like you, Tate. I didn't hold out too much hope for myself. Not many other people did either. It was a total shock to everyone, including myself, when I became a doctor. But somehow I was given this amazing gift of family."

He pats my hand, "Hey, it's gonna be okay, Dr. Harmon" I try to stop the tears that are flowing from my eyes, "I'm sorry. Oh, God. I'm sorry, Tate."