-5-

WARNINGS: Mentions of "murder suicide"

Daisy's POV:

The movers finally finish bringing the last of the boxes in, as Marcy pulls the 'FOR SALE' sign, and exchanges it for one that says, 'SOLD.'

After moving in, I brushed my teeth, got my pajamas on. My parents and Violet said goodnight to me, with a bedtime story and a lullaby.

Vivien's POV:
Ben looks at me, "Come to bed, we'll finish this in the morning." He said, meaning about unboxing our moving boxes. I look at him with a worried expression.

I say, "I'm worried about Violet. I know Daisy will be fine, but Violet. She's right about kids being different out here. She can't handle another year of not fitting in."

Ben rolls his eyes and looks at me, "You mean, you can't." He clears his throat, "I treat kids like Violet every day. In three months, she'll have lost all of the dark eye makeup and combat boots, and be walking around in Birkenstocks with unshaven pits smelling like patchouli."

I laugh at the memories as he takes me in his arms, and then I ask him, "It doesn't freak you out at all? What happened here?" Ben responds with, "My repulsion is tempered by the fact that this house is worth four times what we paid for it."

I speak up, "But it's not like some old lady died in here. A murder-suicide. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it." He tries to enlighten our talk, "So, don't think about it." I look at him like he is kidding, "That's your professional advice, doctor?"

Ben, "No place is perfect. No place and no person. All I know is that for the first time in months, I feel at home somewhere. Moving here, buying this house was the right thing to do for our family. It's a good thing, and frankly, we deserve some good after all the shit we've been through" He then realizes his error, "Sorry."

I nod, but I am not still having feelings of uneasiness, but with me, being desperate to trust him, I let him kiss me. Another fleeting moment, this one kiss was out of marital bliss, but I could not sustain it. I was the one to pull away, and I left him to go do some more unpacking.