Chapter 20-The next morning

I zoomed out of the office as fast as I could. I had no intention of spending another second here, wanting to get away from attracting attention more than I already had.
As I stepped outside, I noticed Zee running towards me, worry written all over his face.

"Where the hell have you been?," he asked, shaking my arms.

"Had a run in with your friends."

"Shit! Did they find out?."

"No, thankfully they only wanted to chat."

"Okay. Explain everything to me in the car. For now let's get going."

____________________

"Well shit!," exclaimed Zack, laying on my bed.

"Yeah. I have been wondering though, why weren't you aware of this plan?"

"Enzo did tell me he was thinking of sending someone undercover. But I never imagined he would be thinking of recruiting you."

"Well why not."

"Because Enzo trusts no one. There's no way he would let an outsider do this job."

"Then why did he offer me?,"

"His dad probably must have forced him to. We have been on lockdown for a few weeks and they still haven't figure out who it is we're facing against. I think Boss wants to end this matter as soon as he can, not wanting to loose any more men."

"You guys lost men?"

"Yeah. Don't mention it to anyone, but one of our warehouse was hit, right as we received a shipment."

"Fuck!,"

"I know. Because of that, our delivery got delayed and the other party is pissed. Relations with other Mafias are rocky as well. Everyone is on edge, suspecting each other."

"If your warehouse was hit right after getting a shipment, there's a possible chance someone leaked information from the inside."

"We thought so too. Only a handful of people know the schedules for deliveries. So we're quietly trying to pinpoint the person. It would impact the morale and the trust of our men if we started torturing our own people without proof, only to have them turn out innocent?"

"What are you do going to Zack?."

"You don't have to worry about it. None of this affects you. And I don't mean it in a rude way. I mean I don't want you to be a part of this. The less you know, the better it's for your protection."

"Yeah I know. I understand."

"Goodnight Lia. See you in the morning," Zee said, hugging me and leaving.

"Night."

I collapsed on the bed right after. I didn't know what to think of any of this. On one hand I really wanted to help Zee and Tio out. If me going undercover was the only way to end this brewing war, why shouldn't I help in any way I can. I knew there was no way I would be able to convince Tio and even Zack, but if there was a chance.

On the other hand, I was scared. I knew how the mafia world worked. And with what I knew, there was no I would survive the ugliness of it. With these thoughts, I closed me eyes and drifted to sleep.

_____________________

THE NEXT MORNING

I wanted to kill that fucker Cade. There was a huge, nasty bruise on my cheek where he managed to had got me last night. It was probably going to take a week fade away.

"Maybe I can just stay in my room and avoid everyone till it fades," I said to myself in the mirror.

"Oh who am I kidding. Tio will probably think I died or something if I stay in my room voluntarily."