Burning Fire

Thank my wonderful boyfriend for getting a big part of this chapter back! I had remembered that he had asked to see how far along I got, and I had sent it to him via Skype. Thanks to him, I wont have to rewrite the best part! Why don't you go leave a comment on his profile saying thanks? @Netherbane <3

"You didn't tell me that! You knew all along and didn't tell me? .... I've caused you enough pain, my whole Pack has... I'll make your decision easier... Be with Dylan. He's strong, smart, and just who you need to keep you out of trouble.... Even with our bond broken... I still love you Ryvr. Just like I have since we kissed all those years ago. Be safe, be happy."

Those words... those simple words... I let out a mournful howl, my heart breaking bit by bit. Looking over at Dylan, and seeing his smug face, sets me off. In my mind, I could only see him as another Monica. *Ryvr calm down! You need to make a choice... NOW!* Stopping myself from pouncing on him, I lay back down on the ground, my mind swirling with choices and decisions.

(Mom... what do I do?) I ask, so overwhelmed by everything. She walks over to me after Shooing everyone away, and sits down, petting my head softly.

(Well, my daughter, I would go for what your heart desires. But if your heart is just as confused as your brain, do as the Lunar Goddess wished.) Her words echo in my head, adding more confusion, but also clarity. I turn my head to lick her cheek, and by the way she smiled, I knew that what I was doing was right. Standing up, I stretch my legs before bolting through the woods in the direction that Falcon had left.

As I ran, the memory of our first kiss forces its way into my mind...

"Come on Ryvr! Please? You promised!" A 14 year old Falcon whines, his black hair falling into his bright green eyes. We both had a crush on one another, but since our parents didn't like us being friends, we had to hide it. So, we made a bet. If he won the race, he could kiss me. But if I won, he would have to promise to finally stand up to his evil father.

"But Falcon... what if someone sees! We aren't even supposed to be friends... your dad doesn't even like me!"

"Ryvr... I like you... okay? Plus you made a bet, and I want you to be my first kiss! Please Ryvr..." I had giggled so loudly while nodding my head.

"I... I want you to be my first kiss too... but we need to do this fast, I can hear mother calling for dinner!" Our 14 year old selves kissed then. Just a peck on the lips. No big deal... right?

A shiver rolls down my spine as I remember what happened afterword's, and how his father had eventually tortured it out of Falcon. Shaking my head of the memories, I finally pick up Falcon's scent, and force myself to go faster. Too late I realize that I was right behind him, and end up running into him. We tumble over each other in the fallen pine needles and oak leaves before finally coming to a stop, with him laying on top of me. I can see the shock and amazement fill his eyes as I lean towards him and lick his nose.

I shift, knowing what kind of position it will put us in. "Falcon... I... When..." I take a deep breath to focus my thoughts. "Falcon, I love you. I have for so long. When... When you rejected me... I thought it was all your doing. But then I got to thinking, and put two and two together... you stopped hanging out with me after your father found out about our kiss. I figured he commanded you to do something and... ugh I'm rambling. I don't blame you Falcon... I just want to be with you... to be your mate, like I was destined to be..." I walk over to him slowly, his eyes growing wide with shock at my words. I place my hand on his cheek, petting the white fur softly. "I love you Falcon..." I whisper. I watch in awe as he shifts, blushing slightly as he pulls me onto his lap.

"Ryvr... you have no idea just how happy you made me." Kissing my cheek, a slight spark dances across my skin, my soul recognizing my true mate. A feeling of disgust passes over me, and I know that I can't put this off any longer.

"Falcon, mark me. You need to mark me now. Before its too late." His gaze softens.

"But... You'll be in so much pain.. I.. I don't want to hurt you anymore." Placing a hand on his bare chest, a smile appears on my lips.

"Falcon... I don't care. This time, the pain will be good. Because once this pain ends... we will be together. We can finish the mating ritual at a later time... but please claim me. Please." Eyes growing dark with lust, he moves the hair from my neck with his fingers. He leans forwards and starts kissing my neck, moving towards my collarbone. As his lips press against Ekko's mark, an intense wave of anger flows through me. "Falcon," I snap out, "Now!" With a growl, Falcon obeys, and pierces the base of my neck with his fangs.

No pain, no heat, no discomfort. It was noticeable, like how you know your foot is there. That's what it felt like... until the fire came. More intense than before, the fire scorches its way through my veins, removing all trace of Ekko from within me. Screaming bloody murder, my body writhes in pain for what feels like hours. Then, as if on cue, Falcon kisses his mark, and a cooling sensation numbs the pain as Ekko's bond with me shatters. Everywhere Falcon was touching me, sparks start to flow between us, awakening my mind and wolf. At some point I must have closed my eyes, for when I open them, a smiling Falcon is staring back at me in wonder. We sit there for some time, just staring into each other's eyes in silence.

The silence is broken when an angry howl sounds from a distance. Some how, I know it was Ekko feeling the bond break.

Sorry it's a bit short. It was longer the first time... but I couldn't remember the details I had written before. I'll end up going back to each chapter once this is done, and making them longer with more details and stuffs :p

Don't forget to comment on Netherbane's profile saying thank you for his brilliance <3

The picture is of the second potential cover! Tell me which one you like more :D