My Pack

Because someone finally commented on the last chapter asking me to update... I will :) Sorry about the double spacing btw... no idea why it's doing that... I hope you guys enjoy~  Picture is of Zoey Deutch, the actress who is going to represent Ryvr... If you have a different picture of Ryvr though, you don't have to go by this :)

Btw, this chapter is more of a filler, just to get the plot line going and all that good stuff... But it's going to be longer than the rest so I hope that makes up for it :D

AND YES THIS STUFF IS IMPORTANT!

___________________________________________________________

I'm the Alpha of the Lakour Pack... Alpha... I don't even know how to be an Alpha! I couldn't even keep my mate! I have no idea what my mother is planning for me... I just hope her plan works. These wolves are my family, and the pack is almost crushed... I MUST bring them back to life!

I let out a growl of frustration as my brother, Rocky, jumps on me to wake me from my day dream. "Come on Ryvr! We need to patrol the boarder! Meekale scented a strange wolf at the southern boarder! Lets gooooooooo!"

It's been 8 months since I left Falcon's pack, and found my family. In those 8 months, I have been able to hone in on my powers, and control them twenty times better than before. I can make my scent smell like a wild wolf, or just a human, even a bird. I have unlocked the secret to being able to use all of the elements, even light and darkness. Using my mind reading, I've been able to use it to my advantage, be it in fighting, or interrogating rogues. My mother, Liqina, has taught me well.

Two weeks, she had brought to my attention that there would be a meeting of Alpha's to formally accept me as an Alpha as well. Though at the time it seemed like a brilliant Idea... now it seems like a terrible one.

"Fine Rocky. I'll be right down. Go make me some breakfast if you want us to leave within the hour." Nodding, Rocky jumps off of me with a grunt, and runs out the door and down the stairs, blond hair flowing behind him. I shake my head as I get up, not really wanting to move, but afraid to go to sleep incase the memories came back.

Memories from Falcon's pack have been haunting me since I left, causing me pain and suffering where I do not need it. But thanks to my mothers training, I've been able to keep the emotions down, and keep my head high. In other packs, I'm known as one of the strongest Alpha's since the dawn of our species. But to my pack, they know how I've come to be.

"RYVR! PANCAKES!" Rocky shouts from the kitchen. As the smell of the pancakes and bacon reaches me, I bolt out of my room. Sliding on the hard floor, I somehow manage to make it down the stairs without falling. As I round a corner, I see a huge stack of pancakes and bacon sitting on the island. My mouth starts to water, and before I know it, I'm sitting in the chair with half of the pancakes in my mouth. (Rocky....) I send through the mind link, (How will we hide our powers from the other packs? With the children.... it wont be easy.) Rocky looks down at the floor and shrugs. "That's up to you Alpha. We could send the kids on a field trip if you'd like. That way if something does break out, the next generation would be safe." I nod as his plan. Though my brother can be stupid at times, he can come up with strategic plans that would shame any other Beta in the world.

Silence falls between us as I finish eating, my wind going over other thoughts and ideas.

When I finish eating, I throw my plate in the sink and lick my lips, savoring every bit of maple syrup that I could. "Rocky, remind me to order some more of that Syrup. Do it later though. We need to secure the boarder first. Also, lets go with your plan. Contact one of the younger mothers and have them gather up the kids. Anyone under the age of 16. If anything does go wrong, I'd like to have someone young enough to raise the children and be able to teach them our ways. I want this pack to live on. Understood?"

"Yes, Alpha Ryvr. Would you like me to call Dylan over? He's still waiting on your answer. He could join us on our patrol." Shivers run down my spine as he says Dylan's name.

Two months ago Dylan had lost his mate before he could mark her. Siince their bond hadn't yet been strengthened, he didn't go through as much pain as a fully mated wolf. He was lucky. His mate was only one of the first to be killed by a rogue wolf. Since that attack, Dylan and I have grown close, as have our wolves. Last week he had asked me to be his new mate, but something about accept his offer makes my stomach curl into a knot.

"Might as well decline. I'll wait to tell him until after the boarder patrol." Washing my hands, I hear our mother walk in.

"Ryvr, dear, next week there will be a Meeting of Alpha's. Don't forget! We also need to take you out shopping. I don't want you wearing any of those dark clothes! I'm thinking a nice sky blue dress. It will make your eyes pop!" I roll my eyes, but sigh in acceptance.

"Fine. After Rocky and I patrol the boarder, we can go shopping. I need to pick up some more shampoo anyways." She claps her hands and starts walking away. "Come on Rocky... lets go before she realizes that we need something else." He nods his head and waits for my go. Sighing in annoyance I shove past him and into our backyard. We watch eachother shift, our faces flattening and forming into a wolf's. Our fur starts to grow and spread along our body. His white, mine black. Once the shift was complete, we walk towards the southern boarder.

Keeping our senses alert, we wander through the dark woods at a fast pace. Our woods were special. During a full moon the pack would sing a special song, making the trees grow and imbedding them with a protective power that would keep us safe. But with our dwindling numbers, the protection is weakening. The deer and elk no longer feel safe enough to graze in our fields, afraid of the stranger that has come into our lands. Growling in anger, I pick up the pace, wanting to find this intruder as soon as possible. (Alpha! I picked up her scent! It.. It smells... delicious...)

I whip my head towards his direction, and with a new spring in my step, I make my way towards him. (That, my dear brother. Is the smell of your mate. It seems like our intruder has come for a reason. Give her some space. It seems like she comes to this area a lot. Let her take in your scent before you chase after her.) I take in a deep breath, making sure to tell the rest of the pack that this smell was the scent of our Beta's mate. As I send the smell through the mind link, something in my mind clicks. (Rocky... I know her. I know who she is! But why is she so far from Falcon's pack?)

Rocky pounces on top of me, his eyes telling me his wolf is in control now more than ever. (Mate! Who is out mate?! What is her name? Alpha please!)