Ekko Lakour

This chapter is dedicated to Redshelly94 :) Thank you for keeping me motivated to keep writing and being such an awesome inspiration :)

*My.. My wolf? But... I thought... You... how?* I can sense the pride rolling off over.

*You're strong, very strong. I was unable to break the wall. That can come in handy you know. And yes your wolf. As for the how, I've always been here. But you were hurt so badly at an early age, you put a wall up. You wouldn't let anyone in, not even me. I also know there's so much you want to ask, but I have to apologize first. If I were stronger, I could have saved you from all the pain Falcon put you through... I could have taught you about your powers... taught you to lower your scent wall and allow the wolf to pass through... you would have your mate... but you don't because I wasn't strong enough to push through. But that's in the past. It's time to step up your game. Let me take control for a few days. Though you are very strong, you've let your wolf side grow weak. You need me.*

I think for a long time, wondering if this was the best way to go, but going over what she said, made me realize she was right. My Wolf side WAS weak, and I needed her instincts to help.

*Fine, but just keep the hormones down around Falcon. I don't want you accepting him and throwing me into something I most wont be able to get away from. But you know that, don't you? You've seen everything I've gone through right?*

*Yes, I have Ryvr. I've seen it all, even what he did. And I agree. But for now, let me take control. Let me make the decisions. You will be able to communicate to your friends and family through the link, but other than that, what comes out of your mouth, will be my words. Now, I need you to relax, similar to the feeling you get when you float upon the water's surface when you swim. Can you do that?*

*I... I can try.* I close my eyes and picture myself floating on water, my mind emptying of all worries. Suddenly, my nose itches. I go to scratch it, but find that I can't control my arms. *W-what? Is this what you being in control is like? Is this how you feel all the time?* I hear my own laugh sound in my head, and freak slightly.

*Yes Ryvr. That is how it feels. It's kind of like watching a really long movie, unable to get up, and unable to talk to someone about what's going on. We should head back though. Your body is tired. We can discuss more tomorrow. For now, watch the movie and relax. You'll have plenty of time to think about what to do with Falcon while you're in this position.* I feel my body shift, and soon I'm looking through my wolf's eyes. But this time, everything is clearer, I can scent things that are farther away, and the night isn't as dark. As I start to notice the difference, I realize how much I've missed without my wolf. Every sense comes alive, everything is intensified.

The trees pass us by at crazy speeds, the colors blending together. Before I know it, we've appeared at the pack house in half the time than normal. Falcon is sitting at the front door, and he stands up when he sees us coming. "Ryvr! I... I wanted to apologize about earlier... my wolf got the better of me... but I guess you wouldn't know anything about that... Your mother told me you don't have a wolf... I'm sorry..." I can feel my wolf get angry at his words, but she surprises me when she shifts, standing naked in front of him, her voice calm and collected.

"Sorry Falcon. But she does have an inner wolf now. So yes, we do understand. But what we don't understand is how someone could find their mate, and blatantly reject them because of a little fear. What Alpha lets fear get in the way of something so important to his pack? Mate or not, you are a sad excuse for an Alpha. Now Leave her alone. 18 years without her wolf has made her weak. I have much to teach her. Perhaps when we are done... you can talk to her." I chuckle to myself as I see the look on his face. Rocky comes out then, Cindy on his arm. By the smell of them, they've already completed the mating bond. (Hello brother. Congrats on finding the mate. I would like to invite her to the pack, but before the ceremony, I have some things I must attend. Could you and Dylan please watch over the pack while I'm gone?) Rocky nods his head.

"Thank you sister. I'm sure Dylan and I can take care of things. Be safe, the rogues are starting to cross into our territory. Howl if you need us." My body hugs him tightly, hearing Cindy and Falcon growl, the hug ends. *We're naked... can we go now? I don't like that Falcon has been drooling over my body for this long.* Before I hear an answer from her, we've shifted again, running towards the first place I ever saw Rocky.

The memories flow through me, bringing a new source of happiness. The newfound sense of freedom, followed by the discovery of my true family and pack, was just what I had needed 8 months ago.

Slowing down to a quick trot, we come across the swirling stream I had stopped at to drink some water. I contemplate about crossing it before I remember that the rogues have been seen around here. *We shouldn't be so far out... we need to get back...*

*Oh hush Ryvr. We are fine, there's no way-* She stops as 4 wolves surround us, their fur messy and knotted. One look into their dull red eyes causes a wave of disgust to overwhelm me. My wolf backs off, letting me have control of my body again. *I... I don't know what to do Ryvr...* Even though it had only been hours, I was glad to be back in control of my body.

Looking over the rogues, I start planning out attack plans. (ROCKY! At the place where we met... Bring help! Rogues!)

Before I get a chance to attack, a man steps out from behind a tree, and the rogues bow to him ever so slightly.

"Hello Alpha Ryvr. How nice to finally meet you. I've known your family for a long time, but allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ekko Lakour, great grandson of the first Alpha of the Lakour Pack. Ryvr, I've waited a long time for you. Your father went back on his word. He ran with you after promising me that he wouldn't." I glare into his piercing bright blue eyes, his obsidian black hair putting me off.

"I don't believe you. Lakour Pack members have blonde hair, not black. Only Alpha's carry the black hair gene. Plus, what would my father possibly promise to a rogue like you?" I growl out. To my surprise, Ekko throws his head back and laughs.

"Ryvr, you ignorant little Alpha. Your grandfather banished me after My father tried to claim your mother as his mate. Of course, I was just a child, only 5. But that doesn't matter right now. What does matter, is that you're coming with me." Taking a step back, my eyes flash with anger as I try to call the elements to my side.

"I'm going nowhere with the likes of you! I'd rather die!" The 4 other rogues growl at my response, clearly angered at what I had said.

His tanned left hand runs through his medium length black hair as he yawns. "Ryvr, I thought you would have figured this out all ready... I was told you were so smart." As I watch his every move, I fail to keep my other senses alert, missing the other man that walked up behind me with silver chains. "I want you alive. Its not every year we get a female Alpha that holds this much power. I don't want to kill you... I want you to be my mate, just like your father promised!"

That's the last thing I hear before something hits me over the head, and darkness falls over me.