Lin's Pov: Relief

By the time I let go of Puro, I can't tell how much time has passed. It could've been hours by now and in the end, I wouldn't even mind. We both needed this.

I look down at Puro's head sleepily. 

He must've dozed off. He's always been quick to get tired. Not even a week ago we were in a life-or-death situation and he took a nap in the generator area! It was kind of cute how he was trying to stay awake. Maybe not so cute the fact I almost died before and after. 

My eyes wander toward Dr.K's room.

"Hey."

Puro stirs at the sound of my voice and pulls himself closer to me. Dr.K sits in front of us staring out a window and watching the rain. His red eyes gleam in the darkness. It's sort of freaky honestly. He looks at me.

"Yes, Lin?" 

I mumble "I don't think Puro is moving any time soon."

He snorts and slowly gets up from the hallway floor. Before I can say anything Dr.K turns away and walks away towards his room chuckling.

"Good luck with that."

"Wait!"

Dr.K laughs quietly over his shoulder.

"I'm not helping you with him."

"No, I don't need your help. I just wanted to say thank you again."

The doctor turns back towards me and shakes his head.

"Stop thanking me. I'm doing it by my own will. You don't owe me anything." 

And like that, he enters his room.

I tried. Poor guy needs to accept appreciation for once. 

An image of a mug with "World's best scientist!" pops up in my mind. 

Yeah, that would do. If I somehow ever conveniently find a mug with that on it that is. 

Puro murmurs something in his sleep and curls his tail around my back. 

Now about him…

There are many ideas of how I could wake up Puro and I go through a lot of them. There's the first one I had of just simply shaking him. Though it feels extremely rude and might not even work. I could try to whisper to him.

"Hey, Puro…it's time to wake up. You can sleep once we get in the room."

He grumbles something along the lines of "Not right now" but I can barely make his voice out over the thunder and rain. 

I whisper louder "Puro c'mon…we can't be out here all night."

He murs sleepily, "Says whoooo?"

"Me. Now c'mon. I'd carry you but I think you're a little too tall for that."

Puro giggles into my chest and he looks up at me with lidded eyes. 

He has to be doing this on purpose…or is he just this naturally endearing?

I look away shyly.

Puro nuzzles closer and says softly "You could try and carry me."

A laugh escapes my lips.

"Yeah, and that would end up with both of us straight back onto the ground. So why don't we just go to bed and I promise we can cuddle some more."

I expect that to work considering I know he's a sucker for physical affection but he shakes his head.

"What do you mean no?"