Puro's Pov: Secret!

"You know we have to keep...our relationship unknown right Puro?" Lin's voice is low barely above a whisper. That was the first time he said we were in a relationship! Lin thinks of us together like human lovers! The thought makes me want to leap up in joy but our situation currently isn't one to do so.

Trying to play it cool I reply with a smile "That's ok Lin. It won't be too hard. Puro will refrain from any surprise hugs to make sure Dr.K has zero idea!"

Lin lets out a deep breath and smiles.

"I trust you to not make it too obvious ok?"

"Thank you, Lin. You can always rely on Puro!" I bawl my paw into a fist and place it on my chest with a proud grin.

Lin chuckles and jokes with an eye roll "Just don't outdo yourself."

I laugh sheepishly and return to a normal stance. The two of us make our way back to the bedroom door before we hear a light knock on it.

Lin blurts out confused "Come in?"

The door opens smoothly and Dr.K steps in his expression unreadable behind his gas mask. I don't like how I can't tell what he's thinking! It makes me anxious! Silence fills the room as Dr.K studies where we have stayed.

He makes his way over to the closet and pulls the creaking wood door open. Kneeling, Dr.K grabs the boxes of rations and sets them in front of us. I look over at Lin trying to figure out what's happening but by the look on his face, we're both clueless.

"So this is all the supplies you have? Nothing else?" The Doctor's voice is harsh and makes me wince a little. He gets back up to his feet and looks at the two of us questioningly.

Dr.K pushes "What have you been doing all this time? Did you two really think you'll survive on just this?"

He's completely unaware of what Lin and I have actually been doing! We were too busy worrying about our feelings than actual survival! As much I hate to admit it.....Dr.k is right!

Out of my control, I feel the heat run-up to my cheeks. My eyes dart to Lin's and he seems to be doing a better job at keeping it under control than I am!

Get yourself together Puro!

Dr.K sighs and looks away from the two of us seemingly disappointed by our inability to think for the future.

He explains in a much softer tone than before "The three of us are the only living things currently conscious at this very moment. Yes, the elites are waiting to be awakened...but that will be in a few years. Our lives are extremely valuable at the moment. We must prepare for every outcome. The two of you were so determined to get out of the tower that you never planned after that."

Lin mumbles "You're right it's just...this isn't fair to any of us. I wish we didn't have to worry about all this. Haven't we gone through enough?"

His voice is undeniably exhausted. Dr.K stares deeply into Lin's eyes. A mutual understanding is shared between both of them. The thought hits me. I'm a dark latex. I was...never human. They have been human before. These "ruins" of a city....are the only city I'll ever know. From how so many books described it...human society was beautiful. There were many problems but...humans still lived for so long. Dr.K and Lin....have both lost that society. They lost everything. The look of pain on both of their faces is obvious.

I take a deep breath and will myself to speak. "Puro....knows that he isn't human but I've read so much about your kind. Getting out of the lab was my dream. Doctor. I know how lonely you've been. Puro only...wishes for everyone to be happy. We can't give up! We all worked hard to change our fates! Every single one of us risked our lives for what we wanted. Now we must go on whether or not society goes with us."