Puro's Pov: Complications.

The door closes behind the two of us with a loud creak. I let out a heavy breath trying to calm myself down. Relax Puro....it's nothing! There are more important things to worry about.

Lin says in awe "This place is pretty decent! We got lucky Puro!"

I responded "Y-yeah! I'm glad we found this place!"

Lin looks up at me quizzically. I look away quickly and study the lobby of this place. It seems rather clean for something so lost long ago. Besides a lot of dust, it's a good place to settle down. The walls are basic white with a few bookshelves scattered against them.

I watch as Lin walks over to the closest one. He rummages through the books and calls out "Puro! Look there's a bunch of books here! You like reading don't you?"

I walk up behind him and can't help but smile. He is right! There are countless books that I have never read before!

"There's so many! I can't wait to read them! You even remembered that I liked to read....thank you. Puro is very grateful." I finished with a shy grin.

After grabbing an arm full of books that piqued my interest I managed to set them down on a small couch in the corner. I turned back to Lin who seemed to be looking around the lobby further.

I ask out loud "Lin would you like to explore this building? Maybe we can find some supplies if we're lucky. Either way, this seems to be a good place to stay...."

"Sure Puro! Let's explore together."

He flashes a small grin. I smile back. I walk ahead of him and find a long hallway full of doorways. With some caution, I grab the nearest doorknob and rattle the door open. It swings open quite easily.

"In here Lin!" I motion him to follow me with a warm smile. He quickly makes his way through the doorway. I follow closely behind and study the room.

It has a large bed with white sheets on it. It has a floral-like pattern. A nightstand sits next to it with a small lamp. Would be perfect for any late-night reading....but I doubt there is electricity. My eyes wander to the back of Lin as he looks through a closet.

"Find anything interesting Lin?"

With a small smile, he turns around with what seems to be human clothes. He laughs and says "This would have been useful with keeping me warm! Now I have all this fur I guess it doesn't matter now."

"I never understood why humans never had any. Wouldn't it be useful to have some?"

"Well, I guess we never evolved to have any. Besides...sometimes all you need is someone else to keep you warm." Lin says as he hangs the clothes back up.

I look away as my face heats up. I...have to say something! I wouldn't be a good companion if I didn't!

Shyly I offer "Well....I can keep you warm Lin...it's the least I could do after all you've been through."

Lin freezes up for a second.

I ask nervously "L-lin? Did Puro say something wrong? I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

My words are cut short as Lin pulls himself into my chest. My eyes widen in shock as I feel my chest do a few flutters. Lin's hugging me!? Warmth floods into my body as he squeezes himself tightly into my fur. Before I can hug back the white wolf pulls away. A blush is practically covering his entire face as he smiles sheepishly up at me.

"Wh-what was that for L-lin?"

He replies shyly "I don't know.....I just...really wanted to hug you, Puro...you've helped me so much...it's like a way to say thanks!"

I stammer out "R-Really o-ok Lin. Well...you can hug me whenever you want, ok? I enjoy them as much as you do."

Why did I say that?! Why did I say that!? This human! He's making me go crazy! What is going on!? Lin notices my nervousness and asks "You ok Puro?"

I reply a little too quickly for my liking "Yeah of course human! I'm fine, don't worry about Puro!"

In haste, I make sure to turn away from him. Lin can't see me all swooned like this! Quickly I make up an excuse and exit the room. I don't go too far though. My back is leaning against one of the walls as I try to calm myself down.

This has been happening ever since we left the lab! I...what's this feeling? I just keep feeling all warm and fuzzy when I look at Lin! Those eyes....I can look into them forever! That was the first thing I noted about him when I saw him in the library. They just have so much determination in them! He was my only hope at the time so it makes sense that I would be so worried about this human. Now it's different. The two of us have escaped together. Why do I still want to be around him so badly?

My thoughts end when Lin comes out of the room.

I try to act as normal as I can as he turns and sees me. He smiles at the sight of me. Almost automatically I feel myself smile back.

He exclaims with relief "There you are Puro!"

I mutter sheepishly "Sorry Lin...I just had to get a breath of fresh air. Dust really bothers my senses."

Now I'm lying to him!

He smirks a little and explains "Well that room we were in seems to be the biggest bedroom. We should stay there for now. I found a box of rations as well in the back of the closet. This must have been some sort of camp for someone. It would make sense since this place is in pretty decent condition."

I ask "Well what do you want to do now Lin?"

He ponders for a moment but then replies with a smile "Why don't we read together? We just did find all those books!"

"Puro really likes that idea. Alright, c'mon then Lin!"

With that, I take my paw and grab Lin's. I try my best to flash a confident smile down to him. He giggles a little and lets me take the lead.

At least I tried!