Lin's Pov: Breaking.

Dr.K and I stand in the lobby staring at the adjacent wall of the glass door entrance. Puro's paper scribbles have been taped together creating a makeshift sign. Adorably drawn in pen are small little versions of Puro, Dr.K, and I. We're all smiling warmly. Something similar to a chibi style. Or that's what I think it would be called.  Above that in big black ink reads "Welcome to Blueden Fate Motel!"

Puro stands in front of the sign, his paws balled into fists planted on his hips proudly. His chest is puffed out radiating pride. Though his warm smile radiates warmth more than anything. A fuzzy feeling washes over me as I admire him. I sometimes forget how tall he is…it gets me off guard.

"Fascinating…the latex possesses some artistic ability." Dr.K's inquisition hangs in the air for a moment as Puro catches my gaze. He stares back timidly. The sun beats down through the windows as it's almost midday. Puro's little art project took an hour or two to be fair.

I break eye contact and I feel my cheeks heat up slightly. Even now I can still catch myself awestruck by him…

Dr.K clears his throat.

"I'm still here, you know."

He shakes his head disapprovingly but smiles a little. Puro and I both look sheepish. He shakes it off and walks away from his sign towards Dr.K and me.

"Well, what do you two think of it?" The question is directed at the two of us yet Puro is more intently looking at me for my opinion.

I answer with a smile "It looks great Puro. Makes the place seem more welcoming?"

He grins a little wider and nods.

"It's certainly a drawing." Dr.K says unamused.

"You don't think anything is exciting do you?" I can barely contain the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Well, it's more of there are more important things to do at the moment."

My eyes narrow.

Dr.K sighs and admits "Fine I wouldn't be able to draw something like that. There. Are you happy?"

Puro nods once again happily. That's what I thought!

Beside me, I hear Dr.K mumble under his breath "Most likely because I pour my time into much more important things."

Puro tilts his head "What was that doctor?"

"Nothing! Don't worry about it."

Dr.K makes sure to make it ever increasingly obvious his toothy smile is fake.

I snort and move on from the topic.

"Well since we're all fed now what do you guys want to do today?"

Puro's eyes widen a little. Did he not expect me to ask that?

He nervously brings his paw up to his right ear and scratches behind it.

"Uhm Lin…Dr.K and I we need to…"

What's the issue..?

I look away a little feeling a sudden surge of anxiety.

"We have to…" He gazes down at me and seemingly can't bring himself to finish what he was saying.

Dr.K steps in.

"What Puro is trying to say is that I need equipment from the tower and other accommodations if I'm going to be living here."

My stomach twists at the mention of it.

"We were planning on heading out today-"

"You don't have to go if you don't want to Lin! Puro would completely understand-!"