Chapter 22

Note: SeongJoong marriage proposal part 2! A lot is going on here. Happy reading!

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hongjoong came home late at night after another overtime at work and last-minute discussions and practice with Yunho and Jongho. He felt exhausted. He wants to go to bed and cuddle his boyfriend until he gets transported to dreamland. However, he knows that Seonghwa won't let him go to bed if he hasn't washed up and brushed his teeth. So he does that and later joins his boyfriend in bed— an exhausting day, but he hopes everything will be worth it soon.

"Joong?" Seonghwa mumbled when he felt an arm around his waist. He was half awake, but that didn't stop him from talking to the other male.

"I'm home, my star. Go back to sleep," Hongjoong reassured and kissed his lover's nape.

"You've been coming home late," Seonghwa mumbled again. "Lately,"

"I'm sorry," Hongjoong apologized. "Work has been hectic... and the deadlines kept coming, so I had to do overtime," he explained.

"Are you still taking care of yourself?" Seonghwa asks and shifts around to face him. Hongjoong still holds him and presses a kiss on his forehead.

"I try," he answers. "I really do,"

"I don't want you to get sick, Joong," his lover says again. "I will drag you out of your studio myself if you get sick, you hear me?" Seonghwa drowsily says and wraps an arm around the other male's shoulder.

"I hear you, my lovely star. I hear you," Hongjoong chuckles and pulls him closer. "Let's sleep, okay?"

Seonghwa only hums in response and sighs contently before drifting to sleep again.

The next day, Hongjoong woke up to the continuous ringing of his alarm. He grumbled while searching for his phone beside his bedside table. When he found it, he took his phone, pressed the snooze button, and haphazardly threw it on his bed. He knows that he has work today, but the comfort of his bed makes it difficult for him to leave. He failed to hear the bedroom door open to reveal his boyfriend.

"Kim Hongjoong, wake up!" Seonghwa announced and made his way toward the sleeping male.

"Give me five minutes, please," Hongjoong whined, especially when he felt the bed dip beside him.

"You have work, love," Seonghwa tells him. "I made breakfast. Come on and get up, or I will drag you out of bed," he threatens.

Hongjoong whines again in response and buries further into his blanket. He definitely does not want to get up. "Just give me five more minutes, please, Hwa,"

Seonghwa sighs and rolls his eyes. "Fine. Five minutes, but I'm staying here to make sure you get up,"

Hongjoong mumbled something that the older male didn't understand but immediately felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. Seonghwa chuckles and carefully caresses his lover's hair for comfort.