Chapter 2

"I'll have a venti caramel macchiato and half a dozen strawberry macarons, please... and to go by the way", the lady says as she gives her payment for her order to Jongho, who just nods while receiving the payment and punches the said order on the computer and waits for the receipt to come out. He then tells the customer to move aside and wait for her orders to be prepared. He gives the receipt to her and immediately starts doing her orders by taking out half a dozen strawberry macarons from the pastry display and placing it in a paper bag. Next, he moves to the coffee station to make her ordered venti caramel macchiato, and when he is done he places it in a cardboard cup holder and takes it to the side where the customer was standing.

"Venti caramel macchiato and half a dozen strawberry macarons for you Ms." Jongho says with a smile as he gently pushes the orders towards the lady customer.

"Thank you!" she exclaims with a smile and takes her order from the counter and leaves the cafe.

Jongho only watches her leave with a smile and proceeds to immediately clean his work station. Until his cousin suddenly slides beside him and playfully bumps their hips, making Jongho almost trip.

"Yunho-yung!" Jongho exclaimed in sheer annoyance and glared at him, but Yunho just giggled at him.

"Oh cheer up, Jjong! Besides, I'm just here to remind you that your shift is about to end in... 15 minutes, yeah... and I don't want you overworking yourself again. You have your upcoming midterms exam, right?" Yunho tells him.

Jongho groans upon hearing the words "midterms exam" while putting away the rag beside the sink and goes back to the cash register. "Please never remind me of that, hyung. I won't be able to help here because I'll be studying for a week..." he miserably says with a sigh. "And I'll be locking myself in my room again..."

"Hey! Don't worry about the cafe, okay? Mingi and I got it covered anyway because we really want you to prioritize your studies first. I promised you, didn't I? That I'll be helping you even after you graduate..." Yunho says, stepping beside him and nudging his shoulder. "You got this, alright?"

Jongho glances at him and smiles. "Thanks hyung"

Suddenly, they heard the door open with a chime and saw two familiar figures walking towards them, holding hands. Well, almost too familiar for Jongho...

"San! Wooyoung! My favorite soon-to-be married couple! How is it going?" Yunho cheerfully greets them.

"Hey Yunho, Jongho! We're doing great even though it's a bit stressful 'cause you know of work at the dance studio. Many kids and teenagers signed up for the dance class! Can you believe that?!" Wooyoung tells them enthusiastically the moment they arrive in front of the counter.

"He keeps on complaining how the kids don't listen to him but they listen to me..." San teases, earning a glare from Wooyoung.

Yunho and Jongho chuckles at this.

"But enough about us, how are you guys doing? It seems that rush hour is over now?" San asks, changing the topic.

"Yeah, rush hour ended an hour ago, I think? It was hard to manage since Mingi wasn't here to help us because he had to do some errands for his mom, but everything went fine so no worries!" Yunho answers as he swings an arm around the younger's shoulder..

"Wow~ I guess we're all busy, huh?" San chuckles, showing his dimple. "I'm glad that you were able to manage it..."

"You guys are amazing!" Wooyoung praises them and shows them a thumbs up.

"Thanks guys! And oh! Jongho will be having his midterms exam next week, so you won't be seeing him much until the last day of his exam..." Yunho tells them. Jongho just gave them a strained thin line smile. He doesn't really want to be reminded of it.