Chapter 3

Yeosang suddenly woke up to the incessant ringing of his phone that was lying on top of the bedside table. He snatched his phone out of irritation and swiped to answer the call without even looking at the caller i.d.

"Hello—"

"Yeosang! Are you really in South Korea?!" a familiar energetic voice greeted, making him jolt that he almost threw his phone away.

"I missed you so much! Do you know that, huh? You were gone for 3 years!", the voice whined.

This time Yeosang forced himself to wake up and looked at his phone to see who the caller was.

Seonghwa.

"So how is my precious child doing?!" The excitement in Seonghwa's voice made him smile and amused at his hyung.

"Hey Seonghwa-hyung", he finally greeted the other as he sat up and did some mini stretching. "I'm good, except maybe the jet lag..." he added with a chuckle.

"Wooyoung said you just arrived yesterday? I'm sorry I couldn't come to fetch you as well. I really wanted to, but I couldn't because of work!", Seonghwa said, sounding disappointed that he couldn't welcome him.

"It's alright, hyung. We can meet some other time or when your schedule is free. I don't mind...", Yeosang replied.

"Actually, today is my day off so I was thinking if we could have a movie date at your apartment so that you don't have to exhaust yourself since Wooyoung told me that you needed rest. How does that sound?" Seonghwa asked.

Yeosang smiles despite the older not seeing it. "I think that sounds nice, hyung. I'll see you in a while then? Wait! Do you even know where I live now?"

"Of course I do, Yeosangie! I helped Wooyoung find you a new apartment, remember?" Seonghwa said while laughing. Yeosang ducked his head out of embarrassment.

"Sorry, hyung..." he mumbled.

"No worries. Anyway, I'll see you around lunch time? I kinda need to help Hongjoong with something here..." Seonghwa said, his voice sounding a bit faint by the end of his words.

"Sure, hyung. I'll see you soon! Good luck with whatever that is with Hongjoong-hyung. Tell him I said 'hi'?" Yeosang said.

"Hi Yeosangie!" Suddenly another familiar voice came and Yeosang recognized that it was Hongjoong, so chuckled upon hearing him.

"Oh! Hongjoong-hyung, hi!" he said with a small laugh.

"Welcome back, by the way!", he hears his hyung chuckling from the other line. "It's good to hear your voice again, Yeosang, but I do hope to see you soon as well. I've been too workaholic— as Seonghwa termed— this days—"

"Only because it's true!" Seonghwa suddenly cuts the conversation. "Can you believe my boyfriend is working his ass off to the point where he starts sleeping in his studio and barely goes home?! I had to put a framed photo of him beside me whenever I go to sleep because I feel lonely?!!" he ranted.

Yeosang just laughed at them.

"The requests and commissions kept coming, okay? I can't just turn them all down, I need to earn for our future, Hwa!" Hongjoong reasoned. "I still need to propose to you and marry you so that we can have kids!"

"A-Atleast have tim-time for me!" Seonghwa said, obviously flustered at his boyfriend's sudden confession.

Yeosang could only smile at the couple despite not seeing them in person for now, but he can imagine the scenario between them clearly. But that stung his heart alone...

"Anyway, pretend you didn't hear that Yeosang..." Hongjoong said as he cleared his throat, aware that the younger was still on the line.

"Don't worry, hyung, but I hope you make time for Seonghwa-hyung..." Yeosang replied.