Part 24

I don't want to leave," Ava declares, the two of them spread out on their bed and trying to figure out the best route to take to get to New York City. "Why can't we just stay here?"

"I'm pretty sure you're the one who said you wanted to see Times Square," Beatrice points out, which gets a pout out of Ava. It was actually Beatrice who suggested it, but Ava doesn't seem to recall that.

Ava, who plucks Beatrice's phone out of her hand and sets it aside, immediately sliding into her lap, their bare bodies pressing together. Beatrice has to make a concerted effort to keep her brain from turning to mush, but her hands do settle on Ava's back, skin soft and smooth beneath her palms.

"We could just live out the rest of our days here," Ava says. "The weather is great. The people are great. The food is top tier. We've even found some cool spots to be able to train. Bea, we could just stay here forever."

"I'd definitely let you keep trying to convince me," Beatrice tells her, smiling as if they haven't spent the last two hours trying to outdo each other. It's probably the one thing she didn't anticipate, just how competitive they would be with regards to sex.

"Could I, though?" Ava asks. "Would I be able to convince you to stay?"

"No," she tells her truthfully. "You could delay our departure, though."

"If I put you in a sex coma, you mean."

"Are you accepting the challenge?" Beatrice asks.

Ava answers by kissing her loudly, exaggerating the smacking sound and making them both laugh. Then she works her way down Beatrice's body, truly almost succeeding in getting her to reevaluate her entire life - again.