Ch 28 The Mark

I dedicate this chapter to SanciaWright; in Ch 26 you said Chelsea needs a wake-up call which is totally true. Let's see if what Aiden said in Ch 27 gives her a much-needed wake-up call.

Below is Callie and what she was wearing in the kitchen in CH 25 Girl Fight.

Callie POV

When we came back home, Both Aiden and I got into our PJs and lay on the bed with my head and hand lying on his chest. Aiden's pajamas only consist of pants, so I'm lying on his bare chest, but I am not complaining.

" Hey Aiden, thank you for that announcement you made. I really appreciate you standing up for me and telling everyone that I have authority over all of them even though I am just a human and they are all werewolves. I promise that I would never abuse my power so you don't have to worry about me ordering people to do stuff for me."

"I am aware of the type of person you are. I care about this pack, and my job is to protect them so if you were power hungry and I thought for even one moment that you would abuse that power, I would have never given it to you. I trust you, and I know that whatever you do or say to them will be in the best interest of the pack because, from the short time we have known each other, I have learned that you are kind, loving, courageous, and intelligent. Those characteristics of yours are actually the characteristics that are essential to being a Luna. That is probably why the Moon goddess blessed me to have you as my mate."

" Damn when you say things like that, how can I not fall for you," I say looking up at him

He laughs at my comment and says "Well it's just the truth."

"By the way, what did you and Chelsea mean about me being marked? What does that mean and what does it have to do with me?"

"Marking is the equivalent of wearing a wedding ring in the human world. Marking your mate symbolizes your eternal love and commitment to your mate meaning that you will love them no matter what and be faithful and committed to them forever. Another reason a werewolf marks his mate is to let others know she or he is taken. They are marking their territory because, without the mark, other werewolves may think that the werewolf hasn't found his or her mate yet, giving them the freedom to flirt with them and have relations with them. However, unlike a wedding ring, a mark is permanent. Once you get it, you are bound to that mate for life."

"Wait, you said you loved me, and you are committed to only me, so why wouldn't you mark me?" I say upset getting off his chest and sitting up looking at him square in the eye.

I actually feel very offended. Why wouldn't he want others to know that I am already taken? I know humans would not know what it means but mystical creatures would know? Does that mean he wants other werewolves to think he is available too? Why bring me all the way here to not mark me if it's so significant?