Chapter 9 - The Ties That Bind

Amberley followed her sister and Bonnie to the Old Witch House. Clearly they didn’t trust her enough. So, she was now outside of the Old Witch House. She walked inside and down the stairs and saw Bonnie and Elena were standing in front of the coffins. “What the hell is going on?”

Bonnie and Elena turned around to see her. “What the hell? Amberley? How did you know we were here?”

“I followed you guys, since you wouldn’t tell me more.” Amberley replied.

Bonnie looked at Elena. “See, I told you.”

“We can’t trust her.” Elena stated.

Amberley waved with her hand. “Hello, I’m in the room. Just because I went to found my mother, doesn’t mean you can’t trust me anymore.”

Elena looked at her. “Well, that’s the problem, I don’t know if you go away again.”

“Well, I’m sorry.” Amberley stated. “I won’t leave again, not if you want me to.”

“I don’t want you to leave, sis. Its just this.” Elena pointed at the coffins. “All of it.”

“And you desisted to take it out to me?” Amberley asked.

Elena nodded. “I did.”

“Great.” Amberley looked at Bonnie. “Has she told you about me?”

“Yeah, you are a witch and a werewolf.” Bonnie replied.

“Okay, so everybody knows?” Amberley asked to Elena. “What the hell, Elena?! It was my secret to tell.”

Elena shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Hmm.” Amberley hummed. “I will talk to you later at home!” she pointed at the coffins. “I want to know more about this. Bonnie?”

Bonnie nodded.” I’ve been having these dreams for days now. It’s like the witches are trying to send me a message.”

“I just can’t believe that you guys kept this from me this whole time.” Elena comment in disbelief.

Bonnie sighed. “Stefan thought, if you knew where the coffins were, Klaus could threaten people to get the information out of you.”

“As if.” Amberley scoffed.

“So, these are the rest of his family?” Elena asked.

Bonnie nodded. “Yeah. Elijah and two others. This one...is the one we can’t open. We don’t know who is in it, or whats in it, only that I think my dream’s telling me it’ll help us kill Klaus.”

Just then, Stefan entered. “What the hell are you doing?”

“Oh, piss off.” Amberley groaned.

“I needed her to know about the coffin.” Bonnie replied.

“Btw... i followed them.” Amberley added.

Stefan looked at Bonnie, not caring about Amberley. “And I needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie.”

“So what are you gonna do, Stefan? Are you gonna kidnap me, so that I won’t tell anyone?” Elena asked.

“Don’t tempt me, Elena.” Stefan replied.

“Oi, that’s still my sister.” Amberley hissed.

Bonnie nodded. “I think I know, who can open the coffin, Stefan. And I need Elena and Amberley to help me find her.”

“Feel the love.” Amberley muttered. “Now, I’m good enough to help.”

Stefan frowned. “Find who? What are you talking about?”

“I couldn’t place her face at first. Then I realized...” Bonnie pulled a photo out of her pocket and showed Elena and Amberley.

Elena gasped. “Oh my god, Bonnie.”
Stefan looked at the photo. “Who is this?”

“It’s my mom.” Bonnie replied.

--------------------

Back at the Gilbert Residence, Bonnie, Amberley and Elena were searching through a pile of driver license records for Bonnie’s mother Abby. They’re looking through the records of everyone who was named Abby Bennett. “Los Alamitos?” Elena gave Bonnie the record for a woman named Abby Bennett Wilson.

“Too old.” Bonnie replied.

“Honolulu?” Amberley asked.

Bonnie sighed. “I wish. How many of these are there?”

Elena shrugged.  “A lot. I asked the sheriff’s office to pull up every single Abby Bennett in the country.”

“I know we haven’t been able to really...that things had been weird, because of Jeremy, so, thank you for helping me with this. I know you have a lot to deal with.” Bonnie told them.

“Your welcome.” Amberley comment.

Elena smiled at her. “There’s nothing more important, Bonnie.”

“It’s surreal. Having to track down a woman, who bailed on her own kid.” Bonnie comment.

“Believe me, I know.” Amberley sighed, looking a file.

“What?!” Elena exclaimed.

“My mom put me on your parents doorstep.” Amberley replied. “Haven’t I told you that part?”

Elena shook with her head. “No.”

“Okay.” Amberley sighed.

Just then, Elena looked at Bonnie. “You know, you don’t have to, right? Let Stefan obsess over opening up the coffin. It doesn’t have to fall on you.”

“The coffin is spell shut. That makes it a witch problem. So it does fall on me. I was bound to see my mother again sooner or later.” Bonnie told them.

Suddenly, Damon entered the house holding a manilla folder in his hand. “Sooner. Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina. Born in Mystic Falls Hospital, graduated at Mystic Falls High...blah blah blah.” He handed Bonnie the folder and she opened it and looked at the driver’s license record. “A little compulsion helps sped up the research process.”

Bonnie blinked. “This is her.”

“Yep. Road trip. I call shotgun.” Damon comment, hand up in the air.

Elena shook with her head. “Yea-No.”

“Want me to hang out in the back with you?” Damon asked.

“You’re not coming, Damon.” Elena replied.

“I guess, me neither.” Amberley comment.

“No, sorry.” Elena told her, seriously.
Damon frowned. “Why? I’m the one who found her.”

“Okay, Damon.” Elena replied. “Look. Bonnie hasn’t seen her mom in over fifteen years. We don’t need your snarky commentary narrating the experience.” Damon and Elena looked at each other for a long time.

Bonnie frowned. “What’s going on with you two?”

“We kissed. Now it’s weird. Have a great trip.” Damon leaves. Bonnie looked surprised at Elena. Elena was lost for words.

-----------------

Later, Amberley was at the bar as then Damon came towards her. “Amberley.”

“What do you want?” Amberley sighed, not wanting him to be next to her.

“How are you doing?” Damon asked back.

Amberley looked in surprise. “Uh... Well enough to kick you in the butt.”

“Feisty, I like it.” Damon smirked.

Amberley sighed. “Now, what do you want?” She asked, a little angry.

“What for kind of wolf are you? You said you aren’t like Tyler.” Damon asked, curiously.

Amberley looked surprised. “Another kind, not the whole killing someone, but a biting or born one.” She replied. “And I guess, you know I’m a witch?”

“Yes.” Damon nodded.

“Elena really told everyone, huh?” Amberley asked.

“Yes.” Damon replied.

Amberley looked at him. “Do you need something?”

“A drink.” Damon replied to her.

“Yeah, me too.” Amberley nodded.