Chapter 1 - The Reckoning

They were in the school for a prank as it’s night-time. Caroline was planning all it and the others helped her. Amberley was back for finale school year and frantically, Elena told her the answers she needed in which she already new about the supernatural, cause she is a witch and a werewolf. (Teen wolf kind.) But Elena and the others don’t know that. She needed to know what had happened to Uncle John, which she now knows. And that she was adopted, like Elena but she still saw them as her family. And always will. She had missed hers and Elena’s birthday, sadly. But she got a gift from Elena and she gave one to her as well.

Now, Matt entered a classroom. It's dark inside, when he stepped inside he set off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. He turned on the light. Tyler, Caroline, Amberley, Elena and Bonnie were here setting the traps. Caroline looked at him. “Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!”

Tyler looked at him. “Forgot about senior prank night, huh?”

“Clearly.” Matt replied.

“Omg.” Amberley exclaimed.

Caroline looked at Matt. “How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year.”

“Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this.” Elena added.

Matt looked at them. “I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this.”

“Caroline's making us.” Bonnie comment.

“She is.” Amberley added.

“We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't...” Caroline told them.

Elena nodded. “And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?”

Caroline shrugged. “Go ahead and make fun, I don't care.”

“I agree to Elena.” Amberley added.

“You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank.” Tyler took his bag and leaves.

Elena's about to leave too. When Bonnie called her. “Hey! Where are you going?”

“To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories.” Elena replied. She smiled.

“Brilliant.” Amberley comment.

Caroline smiled too. “I love you!” She called as Elena leaves.

----------------

In the pool room, Bonnie, Amberley and Matt were putting toilet paper on the swimming pool. Bonnie looked at them. “This is fun, right?”

“Yes, this is fun, but when are these things are not?” Amberley asked.

Matt glanced at Bonnie. “You sound like Caroline.”

Bonnie grinned. “Come on, I am embracing her philosophy. You should be more into this.” She comment.

Matt nodded. “I know. Where's Jeremy tonight?” He asked.

“I haven't talked to him all day. We're having, um...He, uh, he told me about seeing Vicki.” Bonnie replied.

“His loss and he is avoiding me.” Amberley comment, looking at Bonnie.

Matt looked at them. “Ohh. Good, I'm glad that you know.”

“I'm sorry.” Bonnie sighed. “Is it weird talking about your sister like this?”

Matt looked at her. “No, I...I just kind of want to see her myself, you know? I mean, I never got to say good-bye to her.” He exhaled. “Do you realize that just last summer, you and I were lifeguards at the pool? And the only two problems I had in my life were that Elena was breaking up with me and I sucked at CPR.”

Bonnie nodded. “Everything was so different then.”

Amberley thought out loud. “I was with Uncle John.” The others made a face. “Yeah, yeah, I know you don’t like him, but he has helped me.” She waved them off.

Matt nodded. “Yeah. Now Elena's dating a vampire, you're a witch, my sister's a ghost, and...I'm...I'm just a guy who's wondering how life got so screwed up.”

“It's crazy, Matt. I...I can't imagine what it must be like for you.” Bonnie told him.

“I agree, it must be something.” Amberley added.

“It just, uh, kind of explains why I'm not that into senior prank night. I'll go grab a couple more rolls. Then we'll hit the gym.” Matt walked away and entered the men's room.

Then, Bonnie looked at Amberley. “What do you mean Uncle John helped you?”

“Nothing important.” Amberley replied.

------------------

Moments later, they walked into Gym. Elena looked at them. “Bonnie, get out of here!”

“Only Bonnie? I feel the love, Elena.” Amberley added.

Elena sighed. “Amberley, please not now.”

Amberley looked at Klaus. “He’s the hybrid?” She pointed at him. “Kind of hot.” She shrugged. Elena had her eyes widen. “What he is hot like Damon.”

Just then, Klaus rushed over to Bonnie. “Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started.” He looked over at Dana. “Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight.” He looked at Bonnie. “I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?”

Bonnie glared. “That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me.”

“Oh, there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix.” Klaus told her.

Suddenly, Rebekah entered with Tyler. “Get off of me!”

“Hush now.” She hushed him.

Klaus pointed at Rebekah. ‘I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning...She can be quite mean.”

“Don't be an ass.” Rebekah throws Tyler into Klaus' arms.

Elena looked in horror. “Leave him alone!”

“Leave him!” Amberley called, looking angry, then she felt her eyes change and shut them, putting her hands on them. “Hmm.”

Bonnie looked worried hat her. “What’s wrong?”

Amberley calmed down, her eyes turned normal. She opened them. “Nothing is wrong.” She replied.

Klaus glanced at in wonder as to what she could be as then he looked at Bonnie. “I'm going to make this very simple... Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually.” He bite his wrist and make Tyler drink his blood. “I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake...You better hurry.” He twisted his head and killed him. Elena, Matt, Amberley and Bonnie were shocked. Klaus just smiled at them.

--------------

Dana and Chad were sitting on the floor. Matt was next to Tyler's body. “He killed him.”

“He's not dead. Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire.” Elena corrected him.

“And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena...for safe-keeping.” Klaus grabbed Elena's arm and looked at her. Elena make a sign to Bonnie and she leaves with Matt. Amberley stayed, she looked at her sister. Elena gave a reassuring smile, Amberley nodded and leaves as well.

----------------

Matt, Amberley and Bonnie were in the hallway. Matt looked at them. “What are you going to do?”

Bonnie looked at him. “I have no idea. The curse he's talking about is a thousand years old. My grimoires don't go back that far.”

“Can you ask those dead witches that helped you before?” Matt asked.

Bonnie looked at them. “I don't have contact with them anymore...They cut me off when I brought Jeremy back to life. That's it! I can't contact the dead. Jeremy can.”

------------------

Later Bonnie and Amberley were rushing through the halls and entered the pool area. They saw Matt in the pool, Amberley stood there in horror, Bonnie dove in the water, removed the belt from Matt and raised him to the surface. His eyes were open but lifeless. Matt was lying by the side of the pool. Amberley sat by Bonnie. Bonnie was performing CPR on him. “Matt, please! I can't do this. There's nothing else I can do!” He woke up and spit out water.

Bonnie sat him upright. “It's okay. You're okay.”

“Thank god you are okay.” Amberley added.

-------------------

Matt, Amberley and Bonnie were in the hallway. Bonnie looked at him. “As soon as you're feeling better, I'm going to kill you.”

“I will help you.” Amberley added.

Matt looked at them. “It worked. I saw her. I saw Vicki.”

Bonnie looked surprised. “You did?”

“She said she had a message for you.” Matt replied.

Bonnie blinked. “For me?”

“For her?” Amberley added.

Matt looked at them. “From the witch that put the hybrid curse on Klaus. She said that Elena shouldn't have survived Klaus' ritual. The hybrids can't transition because Elena's still alive.”

“Tyler...” Bonnie breathed out.

“Oh...” Amberley comment.

Matt looked at them. “He's going to die, isn't he?”

“I wouldn't be too sure about that.” Klaus was behind them, leaning against the wall. “Given the choice, doppelgänger or a hybrid, I go hybrid every time.”

It turned out to be the opposite.