Chapter 15

*music = pink panther theme song ... you'll understand soon enough.

——Rosa——

"You want us to do what?" Will spat onto my face as we stood, staring at the glowing house a few blocks down.

It was late into the night. Elyse wasn't home. Her dad was probably still working at his law firm and the mother always spent her late evenings at club gatherings. Perfect.

"No one will know about. It's fine." I say back, gritting my teeth against each other to prevent it clattering from the cold.

A hand tugs at my arm and pulls me back, away from Ivy and Will.

"You sure you want to start this now?" Hayden whispers in my ear, his breath is warm and sends chills down my spine. I have to bite my lip not to smile.

"Rosa, you know that once we take the papers, we'll have less than 48 hours to get what we want."

I just want to get it over with. 48 hours sounds great to me. Besides, we have fresh sets of hands that haven't got a clue what they're doing. It'll be easier.

"Yep. Sure. 100%. Call Riley and tell him to activate his computer and that thing we planned to use." I say, completely changing the mode. Pretending to be the boss again.

I turn on my heels and step towards Ivy and Will. They're both silent and glancing down the road to the big house we're about to break into. Well, not breaking into the house, we won't be busting the doors down or Kung Fu the windows broken. I have the key. I've had it ever since the plan was set. Riley had to get the key from Elyse, pretending to need it because they were best friends. No extravagant entrance for us but I'd be out of words too.

"So you up for it?" I ask holding my breath.

"What? Are you crazy? Seri-"

"Let's do it," Ivy suddenly says turning her gaze back on us.

"Really?" I say grabbing her freezing cold hands.

"I mean you have the key right?"

I nod,

"So we'll just open the door. No one is home. We'll take what we need and we'll be out faster than lightning." Her eyes sparkled again and she licked her lips.

"It's going to be fine. I promise." I start to trudge forward, Ivy following, her fuzzy energy rolling of onto me.

"Wait," a hand pulled Ivy back, who yanked me back as I was still attached to Ivy, "You said you knew the family. Than why are you stealing from them?" Will's face was hard as stone.

He had the same crease between his eyebrows as Hayden did, but when Will did it, there was a stronger violence to it. His eyes drilled into mine.