Chapter 3

+++Elyse+++

I replied to my mom saying that I wouldn't be late. I got up from my comfortable position on the chair deciding that since I had an hour until dinner I could catch up with my tree house later and pay a short visit to one of my best friends; Riley, who conveniently lived just down the road.  

Stepping on to the familiar porch that i had played hide and seek on as a 3rd grader, I'm feeling a bit nervous though..I mean I had just seen him last summer...not much could have changed right? - I hoped not.

Gaining a little courage, I rang the doorbell hearing a faint echo of a tune from the bell. I should probably mention the tiny crush I've had on him since we met, when I was 12 however my best friend at the time Rosa, had to go head and embarrass me by letting him know just that . Last summer we spent a lot of time together being the only ones of our friends who weren't off on vacation, and lets just say my feelings were amplified and i have no clue if he feels the same of if he just took what Rosa had told him as a joke to avoid things getting awkward.

The door opened a crack and a pair of eyes scanned the source of the knock.

"Lyse?" He looked at me with confusion before realising I was actually here. "God! Elyse, its so good to see you again!" Riley said loudly as he enthusiastically embraced me in a hug - a little too enthusiastic if you as me, but hey, who cares?

"hey!" I said with a small smile "is it ok if I come in?"

I don't know how its possible but he is 4 inches taller than last summer and a whole lot more built. Why oh why did Rosa have to go and ruin everything! She told him about my feelings behind my back as well as giving away her first kiss to Riley just to make me jealous. What did I do to her? What went wrong?

Pushing my thoughts to the side I followed Riley into the house filled with my childhood memories. Everything changed when I left two years ago; when I chose to go to boarding school, unaware that I would become so disconnected to my life here.    

----------Nuria's Authors Note----------

Here's a new chapter for y'all! Let the double trouble begin ;)