Chapter 11

+++Rosa+++

Another meeting with the group had just finished and the Boss hurriedly rushed out of The Loop, leaving the three of us in the room, dumbfounded. 

I squinted as my eyes scanned the place. The lights in here were way too bright, sort of like hospital lights; they brought the same sense of eeriness about. There's a failed attempt to be "green" in this cubic hellhole, a pot with dead remnants of flowers linger in one corner.

"We should get this place upgraded." Riley speaks my thoughts.

I hum in agreement and nod my head, "Yeah, you've got a point, this place reeks boredom." I said getting up from the chair and walking around the room, bringing my hands over the peeling wall paint.

Maybe we should paint the wall, yeah, give it a nice touch. A blue. No, that would make it look even more like a hospital and we all know bad things happen behind those walls. Definitely not blue.

"How about we paint the walls green?" I suggested. The room could do with a warmer color. "Hmm, a nice, warm, lime green?" I said nodding my head, patting the wall in front of me.

I can already picture it, the room covered in a cozy color shielding our boiling plans from the world. A lime green would do the trick. I made a mental note to go to the Boss and ask for his permission, I'd be the only one who could convince him anyways. Not that I needed the extra time with him.

When I realized no one had said anything I turned around, Riley had left the room. Hayden was staring at me from his seat.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, chin up and my hands on my hips. 

He just continued staring at me his elbows on his knees and a goofy grin on his face.

"Where are you staying Rosa?" he questioned me seriously.

"Why? Is that a concern to you?" I challenged, I was actually just stalling because I had no idea where I was staying. It was usually Riley's place but it's been 2 weeks now...

"Yeah, Rosa, you're always a concern to me, in fact, you're my biggest concern and I-"

"Ok! Ok! I get it! Jeez, well if I'm such a concern to you, I might as well leave." I grabbed my black jacket and made a big scene of huffing towards the door. 

I didn't make it far before he grabbed my wrist and yanked me so that I faced him. Classic.

"You're one for the silver screens." He said, smiling down at me.

"Point is?" I said evilly staring into his green eyes.

"Seriously Rosa, tell me the truth, where are you staying? I'm positive the Boss isn't taking you in. Riley probably has enough of you but he's too good to say no. I think it's only fair if I get a turn for your attention." He finishes and looks at me with complete seriousness.

I had to think what he was offering. He was right about the Boss, there was no way he was taking me in but there was no sane part of me that was stupid enough to go to him for shelter, in the first place. I can find shelter on my own. Riley was always one who couldn't say no, I've been staying at his house for the past 2 weeks, I think he'd appreciate a break. Hayden was the only one left.

"I do feel kinda bad staying at Riley's all the time." I slowly say, "would your parents mind me staying with you though?" 

He turned around to grab his keys from the table, shrugging his leather jacket on he walked past me taking my hand in his.

"No. Not at all. My parents are never home anyway." 

***********

"So. This is my house." he gestured his arms around, showcasing his house. His big house. His mansion big house.