Chapter 1

+++Elyse+++

I climbed the creaky, unstable ladder that lead up to the tree house in my parents backyard.

"One foot at a time, Elyse." I muttered to myself.

Pulling my upper body onto the damp wooden floor. 'This was a lot easier to do when I was twelve,' I thought to myself.

I scanned the tree house in sentimental awe and found that it was pretty much how I left it last summer; the bookshelf I had put in two years ago stocked with my favourite mystery books from over the years stood to the side, an fading upholstered chair accompanied with a small side table stood at the wall furthest to me. I pulled my thick dark hair into a messy bun and headed over to the chair. "I've missed this."  I whispered to myself taking a seat.

It's only been half an hour since I got home and I managed to convince my mom for some time alone. Naturally I ended up here.

I should probably explain - My boarding school is a four hour drive from my neighbourhood. I just finished my  junior year in highschool, I've been going to Brookwell since I was 15, always returning to my home and friends every summer.

I closed my eyes and realised the sense of home I've been longing for for months.

After about 5 minutes of comfortable silence, my phone buzzed in my jean short pocket. I pulled it out and read the text:

mom: I've barely seen you since you've gotten back sweetheart. Dinner is in an hour, don't be late...

She knew I would live in here if I could; it felt so comfortable here, safe even.

----------Nuria's Author Note----------

If you've enjoyed our first chapter (we hope you have!) please let us know what you think, Vote and comment :) the second chapter will be up soon.

Enjoy! 

xoxo

takes2_2tango