Chapter 4

+++Rosa+++

I feel him shift off the bed. It's cold without him next to me so I wrap myself into a cocoon of bed sheets. I groan and stretch my arm out of the barrier, feeling for him, where'd he go?

A belt is being put on, it's him and he must be putting on some pants. What's he up to? We just got into bed. I struggle to sit up with all my layers of sheets and look up at him with my sleepy eyes questioningly.

"Hey, I just had to go check who's at the door, I'll be right back." He said, leaning down to kiss my forehead. He left the room with his torso on display and I thought on how lucky the person on the other side of the door was, whoever it was. That boy had quite the body I must say, personality wise, well, every prince charming has his flaws.

I just hope he comes back soon or else I'll be lights out before we even started talking. With a sigh, I plopped back down on the mattress and stared at his ceiling. Whenever we came to "discuss" the plan it always ended somewhat in his bed. Unreal, I'm not even attracted to him like that but he doesn't want commitment either and that's fine by me. Besides, I dont have time for guys and feelings.

The front door opened, I can hear muffled voices outside from inside his bedroom. Riley sounds funny, a bit weird. I shrug and look around his room. That kid is always weird, I like him like that. His walls are painted a navy blue and he has curtains draped over his windows, not much creativity going on in here.

Riley's voice suddenly turns high pitched and when I realise who the voice belongs to my body paralyses right then and there. What the hell is she doing here?

"Oh Elyse!! Elyse!! Elyse!! Look at you, you're all grown up now, come in, come in!!" I roll my eyes at Riley's lack of creativity to keep her away, well, now we know where his room gets it from.

The front door is being closed and I can hear the two of them making small talk.

Shit, how do I get out of here? I jump off the bed and to my own stupidity I fall straight to the floor, my feet tangled in the sheets. I mentally slap myself for my idiocy and kicking the sheets off, before quickly pulling on a pair of his sweatpants that he had left draped on the back of his chair. Staring at the door I contemplated on what I should do.

Would I make it through this door and wall hug it all the way to the kitchen and out the back door; all of that without getting caught? Maybe I could sprint to the bathroom and jump out of the small window? Jump out of a window! I knew it! Ugh I could kiss my beautiful smart-ass brain right now.

I quickly turn around and run towards Riley's window, pulling apart the curtains and lifting the latch. My fingers are fumbling, their voices are in the hallway, any minute now and I'll have to explain myself.

How does this thing open? I jiggle the glass but it won't budge.

Ok, I have to be quick. If she finds out why I'm here the whole plan is going out the window, I prefer it me then our master plan. I race towards his bed and reach under it where I know he keeps his bat to protect himself from "Zombie Invasions". For the first time I'm grateful he keeps this thing, coward.

I kiss the tip of the bat for good luck before furiously smashing it right through the window. I roll the piece of wood back to its hiding place and before I can talk myself out of doing this, I slip myself through the little hole. Quickly turning around, punching my hand through the splintered glass hole to tug the curtains over the damage. Only to my dismay, I did it with such force that my foot lost its balance.

My hand flew to my mouth and I bit my wrist to prevent myself from screaming. My eyes tightly squeeze and I feel like like a ships sail, except for the fact that I'm getting tossed down. I went sailing down, down, down. I pretended to be wrapped up in all the sheets possible, biting my wrist harder till I couldn't feel anything except my pounding heartbeat.

And then the pool came. The water slapped my back, scaring the air out of my lungs. The freaking pool was underneath me. I wouldn't have jumped if I knew water was underneath me. I wouldn't. The cold water pierces my whole body, seeping through my clothes and nibbing at my skin. I feel like laughing. Hysterically. And I feel like crying, and screaming and just letting out years of rage. Sometimes I get these moments where it just feels right to release, release it in a good way? I don't know, I tend to do everything bad now adays. I can't laugh or scream or cry, I need to get myself together and I need to get away from here, before anyone sees me.

I swim over to the edge of the pool and pull myself out. Dripping wet, I run over to Riley's garden hedge, I don't bother to think of what I'm doing. I don't stop running and go straight through the green wall, a trick I learned when I was stuck in between a hedge back in the day - you just have to run and get it over with.

On the other side, I stay hidden and count to 30, that's about the average amount it takes for Riley to get a girl in his room (not that he'd do anything with her). Then I count another 20 for Riley to come up with a really good lie; I seriously hope he heard me smash the window and got that as a hint not to bring her to look through the window. After the counting is done and my heart has become a regular heart again, I look up at the stars and the moon, and I run.

And that's all I seem to be doing these days. Running.

----------------Melati's Authors Note-------------

Hey Buttercups

Sorry, I'm the worst with names...Everyone will soon discover that.

Hope you love the chapter! <3

We have many views but not as many votes!! REMEMBER to click that star button please...

;)

Alright, stay tuned

xoxox

takes2_2tango