Chapter 8

+++Elyse+++

 *Later that evening*

I sit down at my usual seat at our dinner table.

Mom places a pot of her famous soup on the table and takes a seat next to me. I cannot even begin to describe how much I've missed her cooking. The smell reminds me of all the family dinners and parties we always used to have. Good times, good times.

"When was Natalie coming home again?” I asked trying to distract myself from my racing thoughts about the impromptu meet up earlier today.

Nat is my little sister who is currently in some sort of camp, she’s 12. Bet she’s making unforgettable memories right now.

“In about a week, I think,” she answers as I have a spoonful of the delicious soup “how do you like the food?”

“It’s amazing,” I said, my mouth full.

“How was school this year, Lyse?” my dad asks looking over at me.

I explained the highlights of my year so far and told my parents all about my classes. To be honest I enjoy going to boarding school for the most part but Its refreshing to be home with my family once in a while. Don’t get me wrong or anything, I wouldn’t have wanted to stay here, with them, I like it where I am now. But it’s good to be in familiar hands again.

Although dad is a busy lawyer and I barely see him, I’d say we still have a pretty good relationship. 

                                                        ***

I lie awake in my bed, tossing and turning. My mind just won't leave me alone.

I decide to do something instead of lying here like a narcoleptic maniac. I made my way over to my desk, unplugged my laptop and snuggled back into the comfort of my bed.

“Time to stalk people on facebook Elyse, work your magic” Rosas 12- year- old selves’ voice rang through my head, we used to love to browse facebook together when we were bored.

Logging on to the site I search Rosa Walter.

Going through her photos from over the months I see her smiling in a bunch of pictures and posing with people of whom I assume are her friends. She looked happy in all of them. Not as happy as she was before, when she lived here, when everything was normal. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa… hold up... didn't Rosa say she went through some extreme change or something? I knew she was lying before, but it was nice to have some proof, unless partying and going to the beach were considered self-discovery.

A familiar pang of hurt courses through my body as I go through the rest of her pictures. How come she let all those other people be her friends and not I? I’m getting so tired of my emotions being played like a harp. Rosa is hiding something and I intend to find out just what that ‘something’ is.

I closed Rosas profile refusing to let her hurt me like this. I move on to Riley’s page and am not expecting what I find…  

-----------Nuria's Author's Note---------

Hey Sunshines, Here's a short chaptter for y'all today, but we promise the next one will be longer ;)

How are you enjoying the book so far? Please let us know in the comments :) It would mean the world to us if you did, along with voting it really encourages us to continue writing :D

Who's your fav character?

Personally, mine has to be Hayden =^.^=

xoxoxox

Nuria