The Name I Forsaken

[Amethyst Violetta Erinyes]

" Amethyst!"

I hear Freya's familiar voice calling me. They are running towards me with smiling faces.

" Thank you for saving my daughter, Lady Amethyst. You saved my family again," Prime Minister happily said while holding my hand.

" It's our duty, Lord Charles. Additionally, Freya is my friend. I won't let anything happen to her."

" Thank you and you, too, Crown Prince."

Ace looked shocked that they offered him a gratitude.

" I didn't do anything," he softly replied.

" You did a lot, your Highness. You were the first one to look for her and you thought of ways to calm the people and widen the search. I knew you were so worried and yet, you didn't forget your duty. Please, take care of my daughter again in the future," the Prime Minister grasped Ace's hand and bowed. Ace didn't know what to say.

Freya jumped into me and hugged me tightly, again. When she let go, she saw my angry face and she bowed her head.

" What were you thinking?! Why were you alone?! I always told you to bring along your guards or your Saints whenever you go out! You're the Saintess! Everyone is after you!" I didn't know that I raised my voice but they all looked at us. Freya raised her head and looked at me with teary eyes.

" I'm sorry, Amethyst. That man told me that someone is injured outside so I rushed out without telling anyone. I was looking for the injured man he told me when he started chasing me," she explained while holding my hand.

" He's inside the palace? Why did you trust him?" I softened my voice.

" Yes. He went beside me when I was about to congratulate Ace. He's dressed like a palace knight so I followed him."

I looked at Ace. He immediately understood. Facing his personal knights, he told them to search if there's a dead body of a knight which the Tainted impersonated.

" Are you still angry?" she asked. I wiped her tears and hugged her.

" Don't ever go out alone, understood? If this happens again, make sure to call your Saints, your guards, Ace and me. Don't trust anyone easily. Be alert," I told her and she responded by tightening her arms around me.

" but why didn't you summon a storm when he almost killed you?"

She let go, trying to find a reason. I couldn't control it anymore, I grinned. I finished putting the chain in her neck.

" Because you can't, right? Give her to me," I said with a very cold voice.

" When did you notice?" she asked, her disguise fading. Everyone looked shocked when that innocent, beloved face transformed into a different one, taller, darker and leaner. The Anti-Magic chain I put on her took effect immediately. Realizing what happened, they panicked, not believing that the person they're hugging earlier isn't Freya. She tried to remove the chain but it's unbreakable.

" From the moment I arrived, I already knew. I admit your disguise is fool-proof. Everyone believed you were Freya. You even imitated her mannerisms and her voice," I said while circling her. She turned out to be a red-headed woman. From my point of view, she looks pitiful, but she grinned with evil malice. I feel the dark gem inside her, large and gripping her heart. It's the first thing I noticed when I saw her.

I brushed my hair back in my head and laughed.

" To be honest, it was hard to act you know. I almost puked while joining in your charade. I already noticed that there were two of you while I was fighting the other one. You must have disguised as me and took Freya."