The Miracle

[Athos Callisto Erinyes]

" How did those thieves die, Aramis?" I asked the young archmage.

" They were killed. I examined the graves in the house and it was really them." He replied. I frowned even more.

" Who would kill them?" I asked and Aramis shook his head. He looked at an open window where my daughter's room is located.

" Are you implying my daughter did it?" I asked, my face darkened in anger. She suffered alone these past years. She is my daughter and yet those cuts on her hands made me guilty even more. She's a child but she worked hard.

" No, but I asked the oldest man in the village and he said that no one approached the thieves. No one in the village knew them. They just mysteriously disappeared and everyone assumed they left. However, the graves in the house is the evidence that they're dead."

" She was the only who was there, Duke." Aramis explained. I sighed, knowing that it might be true. She looks mature and acts like an adult. But how could a child do that?

" I also noticed how high her mana is, Duke. She might have accidentally hurt them with her magic when she awakened."

" How high?" I asked.

" More than mine." He seriously replied. Then, when she awakened it must have hurt so bad. And we weren't there to help. We are here hopelessly looking for her and she's suffering alone.

" I could say that you're daughter is extraordinary, Duke. And she's surprisingly mature." Aramis said before he left. I walked back inside the mansion and went straight to her room. Her room which we locked up for eight years just to wait for her. Aramis tried to learn the locator spell for years, always failing and now, we found her. She is now quietly sleeping, truly exhausted. She is my daughter and I won't let her slip away from us again.

" Dear..." My wife called as soon as I opened the door to our room. She is awake but still lying on the bed.

" W-where...is...she?"

" She's taking a rest." I replied,  holding her hand. She smiled happily.

" I...w-want to...see...her. My...daughter..." She weakly said but I shook my head.

" You're still weak. She wanted to see you, too. She'll come here later."

" What...does...she...look...like?" She asked, and I caressed her pale face. She's getting thin.

" Like you. She was so beautiful like you, Pyra."

" With...black...hair?" She eagerly asked, her violet eyes are sparkling.

" Yes, long and curly. She had beautiful violet eyes."

" T-thank...you...for finding...her." She said, almost crying. She smiled happily despite her weak body.

" I never stopped. She's our only daughter. Now that she's here, we will love her." I swore. I kissed her forehead and she kissed me back.

" So, focus on healing yourself. Then, we can take care of all of them." I said before she went back to sleep. The nurse bowed as I leave and Vien was waiting at the door.

" The king awaits you, my Lord." He informed. The news spread fast about my daughter's return. I'm sure the king would be planning a banquet.

" Ready the horses."

" Father, shall we join you?" The twins asked. I shook my head in reply.

" Amethyst might wake up and panic if she didn't find us." I said. " I'll go alone."