The Reconciliation

[Amethyst Violetta Erinyes]

The four gods bade goodbye and in a flash, they disappeared into thin air. I was left alone in this vast space, contemplating the things they've said. Just like I predicted, our talk came out the way I wanted to. The gods never knew that they revealed more information than they have to. I asked random questions which they all answered. They never realized they played right into my trap. Being a god seems to be great however, it will always be their weakness.

Getting the information sooner really changes a lot. I always wondered what it feels to have a peaceful life...I thought I could get it in this life...

I weakly laughed and sighed, feeling a little pitiful on myself. But I know, this life wasn't really mine. The best I can do to compensate is to live everyday happily with my family. Since I have more time before I wake up, I formulated a plan on my head.

...

I hear the strong wind beating furiously on the window like an intruder wanting to get in. Despite the obvious chilly weather, my room felt like a steaming oven. I slowly opened my eyes and my portrait was the first thing I see. This is the room Uncle Voltaire prepared for me, with lilac wallpapers exactly like the one in our mansion at Zion. The bedside table is full of herbs and medicine. An incense with a lotus fragrant enveloped the room. I carefully got up, feeling a little strange. There wasn't any presence beyond the door nor anywhere in the palace. It seems they're all outside. But what's most strange is this weather...what happened?

I took a coat and opened the door leading to the terrace. The wind lashed at me, strewing my hair everywhere. I frowned, feeling the little drops of rain. The mountains surrounding Violet is unrecognizable, almost as if they're destroyed. I saw three tornadoes forming on top of them. I worriedly gazed at the town and it's awfully quiet. The waves around Violet is angry like they wanted to swallow us. The labyrinthine tunnels have mysteriously collapsed but I'm thankful the houses are safe.

Confused, I looked up. The grayish, gigantic clouds dominated the sky and not even a single ray of light can sneak in. What's happening? Why is the weather so terrible?

I was even more confused when I saw mages led by Aramis and my family on the palace grounds. They seem to be doing a spell. The Royal Family and the nobles are also present. I'm utterly confused and I wanted to get their attention but they might be distracted and the spell will break. Are they trying to stop the tornadoes? Should I wait or help them?

I looked around and I sighed in relief. My three servants seem to be fine. I studied the spell more and I learned that it was a barrier. A very strong barrier. It seems that Lord Aramis is trying to conjure a barrier in the whole kingdom. I could feel that it's slowly working since the winds are getting blocked even the rain. But, how much mana would that consume? I saw a mage in the corner who's faltering. Sighing in defeat, I looked up at the heavens again.

My eyes glowed golden and my mana spread everywhere. Like a Master ordering her servant, I spoke.

" Calm down."

And as always, it obeyed. The waves quieted, suddenly obedient and calm. The gray clouds parted and the first rays of sunshine shone upon me. I felt the tornadoes in the distance, getting smaller and smaller. Gradually, the sunshine spread from my terrace to the palace grounds and towards the town until the whole kingdom shone brightly again. I smiled, satisfied.

" Amethyst!" I looked down and Father is calling me. He looks so happy. He immediately ran inside the palace, accompanied by my family, my servants, my relatives and Lord Aramis.

Everyone cheered and danced happily. It's just a little sunshine but they rejoiced like they've never seen it for years. People are really strange...

I walked inside and waited for them to arrive. In just a few seconds, the rushing footsteps told me that they're here. The door opened with a bang and my father's flushed face came first. He ran toward me and hugged me very tight. Before he had a chance to let me go, I was hugged by my whole family. I chuckled wanting to ask questions but they kept hugging me.