The Consequences 2

[Amethyst Violetta Erinyes]

I sighed when I felt a strong energy coming towards us. Due to my trained senses and wind ability, I knew exactly who it was even when they use invisibility or teleportation. I stared at the enemy who is lying at the floor, bloody and stabbed with knives. I clearly avoided the vital parts to make him talk and I already got the information I needed. Now, killing him would eliminate all evidence against the real culprit so I'm going to take him alive. The arrival of this person would be annoying but he's surprisingly, the help I needed.

" Sir archmage...what a surprise." I said, never bothering to act innocent and scared. His horrified face is funny as he looked at the dying man on the floor and back to me repeatedly, who's holding a bloody knife.

" Lady...Amethyst?" He asked in disbelief. I ignored that expression and approached him. I was surprised when he took a step back.

" I wouldn't hurt you, Lord Aramis." I said, sighing. He's strong enough to battle me, why get scared? I gave him the broken pieces of the core and the note given by the dying man. " I'm just going to give these to you."

" What are these?"

" Those are the broken pieces of the black core he used to summon the demons. And this is the list of instructions given by the real culprit to this man to execute the siege." I explained. He literally gaped as he saw every detail of the plan.

It says that the man enters the palace through the culprit's carriage and found the core and the weapons on the palace lake, hidden at the shrubs. He was given specific instructions on how to activate the core and summon demons. And lastly, while everyone's outside, he will kill the Saintess and the royal family. If I hadn't spotted him sooner, all those nobles on the ballroom will die. Though I'm sure, my family will survive. If this man really did come, he'll be dead in an instant.

" What the f*** is going on?! Why are you here, my lady?!"

I was taken aback since he swore really loud. " Are you sure you have to say that word infront of a child ?" I asked. " And, shouldn't you be asking something more important rather than asking that?"

" That's the whole point! You're EIGHT year old. EIGHT!" He shouted, his eyes bulging in disbelief. " How the hell did you broke a special grade core?! How did you find this man?! And why are you holding that knife like nothing?! I've never met a child who wouldn't cry at the sight of blood!"

While listening to the archmage who clearly had gone mad, I noticed that the man tried to move and ran away even when he's still bleeding hard. I'm convinced he won't last two minutes and we'll find him but I can't risk it. If he'll be seen, I would be in big trouble. I raised my hand and targeted his leg. He howled in pain, crying as he hold his bleeding leg again. When he couldn't bear the pain anymore, the man fainted. I faced the other one who stopped talking, more horrified than ever. He looks like he was stoned on the spot, not even blinking nor breathing. When at last he recovered, he was about to shout.

" Calm down." I said.

" I'm having a dream. I knew it." He mindlessly said, dazed. I sighed, hearing from the wind the chaos in the ballroom as they look for me. I don't have time for the drama.

" Snap out of it, Lord Aramis." I said, shaking him. " We don't have time, they're looking for me. So listen well."

I relayed to him everything that I did, from the moment I saw the man and the information I gained. He listened quietly but he didn't seem surprised when I told him about the real culprit.

" I knew it. He was always suspicious. I can't act against him because he's the Prime Minister and he holds the Saintess. But why kill the Saintess as well?"