The Siege

[Amethyst Violetta Erinyes]

The Prime Minister looked really mad. His bearded jaw clenched in anger and his veins on the forehead bulged. On the other hand, my family stood proudly at the corner, half-surprised. Even the royal family stared at me in awe.

The sphere which was white earlier, glowed into two colors, red orange and icy blue. Honestly, I expected my wind ability to be revealed but it seems that it was successfully hidden with my Saintess ability.

" The princess of Violet Kingdom, Lady of Erinyes is a Special Mage. She has the fiery fire lineage of Princess Pyra and the cold ice lineage of the Grand Duke Athos." Vindictus announced, grudgingly. Everyone clapped, amazed. But the monk who's holding the sphere seems to be stunned.

And behind the monk, among the crowd, the shocked face of Aramis, father's friend who brought me back, greeted me. Oh, they noticed...

Facing the monk and Sir Aramis at the distance, I smirked. The monk, still stunned, approached me. And he whispered something in an old language:

" The Rose will bloom at god's will."

I stared at his gray eyes and answered in the same language. 

" The Rose will wilt in the sinner's blood."

After saying that, I turned away and walked towards my family. The monk who was still shaken stared at me, open-mouthed while being escorted out of the ballroom. I know he won't talk. Saints pledged a long time ago to serve the weather maidens for life. When they defy that pledge, they will be cursed forever.

" I had no doubt you'd be great like your brothers, dear." Mother said, hugging me tightly.

" My daughter is a genius." Father added, patting my head. And as expected, the twins hurried towards me and hugged me too.

" Our sister is amazing."

" A wonder."

Amidst their praises, the king cleared his throat.

" Athos, would you reconsider giving her to me?" Not just my father said a big NO again, even my mother and the twins. The king chuckled in delight.

" Lady Amethyst, you're a precious gem. Two elemental magic is rare." The Queen joined, praising me too.

" Thank you, your Majesty."

Having two magic is not that really rare. Many nobles acquire that, but only the higher nobles. Saintess Leticia doesn't have any second magic. However, I've met five children who had two magic like me, including the prince. Among the adults, I only saw ten and among them is Lord Aramis. If we count mages in this world that has two magic, there will be thousands of them. My family had only one magic but their strength is incomparable.

The ball continued for hours until night. The children were given chances to escape the ball so I went out, with Brother Aamon. The other one is still busy flirting with the girls. He accompanied me to the lake where I admired the flowers. I sighed in relief, smelling the fresh air.

" Suffocated?" Brother Aamon asked. He sat beside me on the gazebo. I nodded, meeting his eyes.

" How did you hide my Saintess ability?" I asked. He grinned and pointed at my necklace.

" Father made Aramis make that. The pearl is a magical core that suppresses magic. With a few commands, Father was able to activate that core and hide your magic." He explained. I held the pearl and appraised it. He was right...

" It's my turn to ask now..." He said, looking serious. " Don't worry, I won't tell a soul, even Father."

" What happened with that monk? What did he say to you?"  He asked.