Chapter 35 - Loki

I fucking did it.

Not only I brought her here from wherever she was, but I put her soul back in her preserved body. Neither of those things have been done before.

Once both rituals were completed successfully, I hesitated to turn around and see her. Suddenly, I didn't know if I was ready. But when she touched me, I melted. I can touch her, I can feel her, I can smell her, I can hear her heart beating inside her chest.

I keep stroking her back and her hair as I hold her. We have been standing like this for some time now, but I don't dare to move, scared that she will slip away from me.

I pull away only to look at her. I place my hands on her cheeks and I stare into her eyes. I caress her jawline and cheeks.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" she asks with confusion written all over her face.

My heart sinks.

And then Selene starts laughing. "Oh, you should have seen your face"

"Seriously? Now?" I ask playing mad, but in reality I want to cry because I realize I have forgotten the sound of her laugh. I almost forgot the sound of her voice entirely.

"It was the perfect opportunity. Come here..." she wraps her arms around me again.

"I hate you so much right now"

"No, you don't" she replies and she is right.

"How are you feeling? Are you in any pain? Any chest pain? Are you cold?"

"Loki" her sweet voice cuts me off "I am feeling just fine".

"Yes, you are..." my voice breaks.

She places her hands on my chest and rubs softly. My legs go weak.

"I am ok. I don't know what the fuck you did but you did it".

The first words she says to me, and she is already making me feel better.

"You ever do something like that again, and I am coming with you" I threaten

"No, that is the stupidest thing--"

"And jumping in front of a blade for me wasn't? I will either upset the universe to bring you back or come with you" I admit.

"You did what?" she raises her voice.

"I did a few things that could potentially upset the natural order, but it's fine"

"No, it's not. Loki, I'm not worth--"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence".

It pains me that she doesn't see how much she deserves. "I would sacrifice the entire universe in a heartbeat for you, Selene" I say it in my attempt to make her believe it.

I watch her eyes get shiny as they bounce between mine and my words sink in.

"You're unbelievable" she speaks finally and wraps her arms around me again. I feel her take in a deep breath and let it out slowly -she is trying not to cry.

"How the hell did you pull all this off?" she wonders

"I am that good" I tease to lighten the mood.

She steps back to look at me, rolling her eyes.

"Ok, I had a lot of help; Plenty from my mother, and some from Aphrodite and her beloved Adonis who kept tabs on you" I explain

"Adonis was in on it? I saw him there but he never told me you were even in contact"

"That was the deal. We had to keep everything under Zeus' radar, because he couldn't do anything".

She nods and looks down for a moment. She is still wrapped in the towel and examines her bare arms. I follow her gaze and notice that her scars are not there anymore.

"How did you do this?" she asks me.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I actually have no idea how they are gone. Aphrodite was the one who preserved Selene's body until the spell was ready. Did she heal the scars?

I take a couple of steps around Selene to stand behind her. I take her hair to the side and I examine her back. I trace my fingers over the exact spots that scars used to be drawn on her skin. Everything is smooth now.

She drops the towel and walks to the mirror silently. I see tears fill her eyes as she examines her body herself. Her chest starts raising and falling faster.

"Their marks... They are all gone..." she says as a tear slips her eye.

I remember her telling me that everytime she saw those scars, they reminded her of what her family had put her through. Now every single one of those reminders is completely gone.

Slowly, she smiles through her tears. I step closer behind her and I kiss her head.

"You are still the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on" I reassure her

"I might start believing it now" she admits

"If that what it had to take for you to start feeling it, then it was worth it".

She takes one more breath and wipes her tears quickly. "Alright. We'll deal with this later. Let's just move on. I need to put some clothes on" she asks, clearly pushing her emotions down.

I respect that it has been a long day for both of us and move on too. I will definitely bring it up later.

"I can make you something if you'd like" I suggest

"No, I think it is a good time for me to test my magic. It's been a while".

I nod and step back.

With a wave of her hand, she wraps her body in a piece of clothing I haven't seen her wear before. She creates a dress directly on her.

It is the simplest purple maxi dress I have ever seen. But despite the fact that she looks stunning in anything -or nothing-, having her magic back, ensures the successful execution of the resurrection spells.

She looks in the mirror again for a moment. She adds some sparkles to the corset of the dress and makes them fade down her skirt. I watch her silky silver hair fall softly on her shoulders and the fabric of the dress.

She turns to me "What do you think? I mean it is not decorated enough to Loki-level but I think it's nice" she tells me.

Her piercing grey eyes stare at me while waiting for my answer and her soft smile melts my heart. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she is standing right here.

"You look absolutely stunning" I say and her smile grows.

She steps closer to me "I love you" she says and plants a soft kiss on my lips

"I love you more" I reply and kiss her again

"You don't have to make it a competition" she chuckles

"I brought you back from the dead. Beat that" I add

"Stop" she laughs and kisses me to stop me from speaking further. I shut up and let her continue.

Someone clears their throat causing us to stop. "I don't want to interrupt but I think I am owed a hug too". Aphrodite.

I can't argue there. Selene leaves my arms and almost runs to Aphrodite's.

"Thank you" Selene whispers

"He did the hard part. I just dug you out, and worked some of my magic" Aphrodite replies.

The two women pull away and Aphrodite examines Selene's body for a moment.

"She is good by me. But make sure your mother examines her too" she says to me

"Of course".

Aphrodite leaves and Selene returns to me. "Your people need to learn what knocking doors means" I point out

"I agree but we both know they won't" she says and kisses me, picking up where we left.