Chapter 11 - Loki

I don't like to admit when I am wrong, but I will have to do it now. I was wrong about Selene giving up her throne. I'll never forget the way her eyes shifted when I said that joke. I only wanted to tease her, like always, and get a snarky comeback. But her reaction was the opposite.

Sad. Hurt. Scared. Infuriated.

There was a small pause. Silence. Selene stared at the empty as she lost herself in her thoughts for a moment and it was like I wasn't looking at her anymore. It was someone else -a shell of a person.

When she came back, all her walls were back up. She was angry. I felt like she was struggling to let me walk after what I said.

I couldn't stop thinking about these last 2 minutes with her. I couldn't find quiet as long as I didn't know.

So, I spent the following days in every library that was available in the galaxy, trying to make some sense of it by some hidden story that was buried well enough.

I didn't need to think twice about this. I wasn't sure what my motive was or why I cared so much but I did. Her reaction wasn't random, I know something happened.

"I'd advise you to stop" a male voice sounds from behind me.

It has become familiar at this point.

"And what if I don't?" I ask turning to face him.

Hyperion. Selene's father.

"Then I'd have to reconsider the deal I offered you" he answers

"I don't like to get my hands dirty anymore. So let's make a deal, son. If you bring my daughter home and convince her to stay, I will give you the throne you were promised, I can give you Asgard, Jotunheim, and more power than Odin could ever hold".

"If you want me to convince her to make up with all of you, I have to know how to handle every reaction of hers and to do that I need information" I explain

"Ask me then" he offers

"Why did she leave her throne?" I ask

"It's complicated"

"Wrong answer" I say and I look back at the books.

"And you know the right one?" he laughs

"I know that you are hiding something"

"So now you're playing detective for her? Adorable. I thought you two were just screwing around for us" he chuckles.

His chuckle pisses me off.

"Oh, we are" I reply as I stand face to face with him.

"Excuse me?" his smile slowly falls

"I am screwing your daughter every chance I get. The things I could tell you about her; the way she moans; the way she feels; the way she tastes--".

He grabs me and pins me against the wall. He needs to take a moment to swallow. And then laughs.

"Oh, boy... Because that's what you are; a spoiled little boy who thinks that he'll get to be a king by using my daughter. Guess what? I made her! You'll always be Odin's charity work who turned out to be a complete disappointment. He pitied you so much that he made you Prince... So, grow some royal balls and don't use my creation to make you feel like a man. You're a boy!"

"You know nothing about me"

"I know everything--"

"And you know nothing about your daughter! You didn't make Selene. You kicked her out, didn't you?" I guess. "Of course you did... What happened? Did she finally fight back after so many years of getting shadowed by Helios and being compared to him? Because I know exactly what that feels like, so I do understand her better than you".