Chapter 24 - Selene

I want to leave with Loki. I really do, but my gut is telling me that something is up with him since he came over yesterday. And my gut is never wrong.

I think once he tells me more about that moving plan of his, I will relax and become more comfortable. I trust him, but I cannot walk in this without knowing details.

And he mentioned taking care of something--

"Love?" Loki calls and I snap out of my thoughts.

I turn to find him leaning against the bedroom door with his arms crossed. I have been in here for an hour, supposedly getting ready to leave. However, for the past hour I have just been sitting on the bed without having touched anything.

"Is there a problem, dear?" he wonders

"I have some questions" I admit

"I'm listening" he replies, walking in the room

"Where are we going?"

"You will find out very soon, darling, I promise" he answers as he takes my hand

"That does not answer my question and you know it" I point out

"I simply don't want to spoil it for you, my love" he kisses my hand now.

That was supposed to make me feel better but it makes me more anxious now.

Dear. Darling. My love.
Hands. Kisses.
All that just in the first minute.

The unsettling feeling inside my chest grows. I look at Loki and he gives me a reassuring smile. I try to push the anxiety down and ignore it.

My eyes glow white. "Selene!" my father's loud voice echoes in my head.

Loki immediately recognizes the glow. My father is summoning me by spell.

"We're going now" Loki says and starts dragging me out of the room.

"Wait. Wait!" I stop just before we reach the stairs. "Where are we going? And do not lie to me!" I demand this time.

Loki opens his mouth to speak but gets cut off by my father's appearance.

"I have to see this, please go on" he says and takes a seat like he is watching us.

"I told you to never come close to her again!" Loki is ready to argue

"She wants me here. Don't you, Selene? Especially now that I know what you need her for. See I just had a little chat with Odin" my father speaks and a grin appears on his face. "So go on, tell her what your real plan is or I will" he adds.

I notice Loki clench his jaw and his knuckles begin to turn white in a fist.

"Your real plan...?" my heart rate quickens

"It is not important" he replies

"A marriage is not important?" my father wonders.

My heart sinks in my stomach.
"A... What?" my voice barely comes out.

Loki turns to me and takes my hands. "Don't listen to him, love. He is only trying to stop us, remember? You can't trust them" he whispers to me.

I have no idea who to trust right now.

"Please, tell me you are not hiding anything from me" I am basically begging him now

"We will solve everything once we are out of here".

He is not denying it.

"Oh..." this is the only sound that I am able to make out.

"I know it doesn't sound right to you, but I need you to trust me right now more than ever, Selene. I am begging you" he is rubbing my cheeks