Chapter 24

SONG(s) FOR CHAPTER: 

♬ Crawling by Linkin Park ♬ 

♬ Titanium by David Guetta feat. Sia ♬  

CHAPTER 24

♕ HARRY STYLES ♕

AFTER THE EXCRUCIATING shopping trip, Grace and I went back to her apartment to get ready. Whilst doing so, guilt ran through me as I remembered the tiny pill I left on the night stand back at the psychiatric center. I tried not to think about it too much; it was only one pill, what harm would it do?

I had been taking my medicine like I promised Grace I would. And I hated to admit it, but I did feel the slightest better each day. Things were quieted, which was scary, but I had thoughts of Grace to fill my head instead. Those were far more appealing.

Glancing at myself in the bathroom mirror with the suit on, I scrunched my nose. The last time I got this dressed up was for the prom, and that was only because Grace was so excited about it. I guess I only dressed up then because Jacob was excited about his dinner. There were very few people that were capable of making me vulnerable, and Grace and Jacob were the main ones. 

"Harry!" Grace's voice pulled me back to reality.

I walked down to her room where she slung the door open, grunting as she tried to zip up the dress from behind. I laughed a little, gently moving her hands away to help her. I kissed her bare shoulder before I was able to catch myself.

She turned around and smiled, a slight reddish tint to her cheeks. "Thanks," she said quietly, almost sounding breathless.

Right when I leaned in to steal a quick kiss, her phone sounded. Jacob apparently was waiting for us outside the restaurant. I hadn't realized we were running a bit late.

Again, on the car ride there, I thought about bringing up the pill. I wasn't supposed to miss one, but I didn't think it'd do any harm. I'd take one out the bottle when I get back to the apartment with Jacob. I could do that, right? I'd just be taking it a bit later than usual.

Because of that, I decided it'd be pointless to mention the neglected white pill.

When we pulled up to the place, I was surprised at the buildings surrounding it. It was a five-star place for a reason, and I didn't think it was because of the food—it was also a casino. A bar was settled right beside the eatery, drunken people already milling about.

Needless to say, Grace didn't question it when I linked my arm tightly around her waist.

Jacob looked as anxious as ever, though relief flooded his face when he saw us. "Oh, thank God," he murmured, lowering his voice as he leaned closer to us. "I've nearly shit my pants six times now because of the drunk dumb asses over there." He jerked his head in their direction.

"This is the supposedly fancy place?" hissed Grace. "Jacob, I think you left out the fact that this is a gambling area."

"I didn't know either!" he said hastily, holding his hands up in defense. "Gabriel said it was a fancy restaurant and that we should all wear something nice. He didn't mention the fact that drug deals are going on two feet away."

I straightened a little, chewing the inside of my cheek. "Can we just go inside? They all look like they want to stir up trouble."

"Good thing we've got our trusty UFC fighter, right?" Jacob breathed, raking his fingers through his hair. We all looked far too out of place standing out on the dirty sidewalk.

Entering the place only chipped away a little of my worries. It was definitely fancy, I'll give it that much. Women in gowns and men in tuxes covered the area, sitting at candle-lit tables or dancing in front of the orchestra playing across the room. A grand chandelier hung from the high ceiling, emphasizing the awe-inspiring building.