Chapter 8

SONG(s) FOR CHAPTER:

♬ A Little More Love by The Ready Set ♬

♬ How You Get The Girl by Taylor Swift ♬

CHAPTER 8

♕ HARRY STYLES ♕

        A STORM WAS brewing nearby, thunder shuttering in the distance yet headed our way. I took a sip from my coffee, scrunching my nose at the bitterness just as Jacob entered the hotel room's kitchen with his eyes still mostly closed. He sat across from me and I pushed the cup of coffee I made for him across the table.

        He opened his eyes just enough to see. "Aw, aren't you a doll."

        "Consider it an apology for being in the hospital," I told him, a knock on the door sounding.

        Tugging the door open hesitantly, I peered around the edge to see Josh standing there. I let him in, and he immediately began to ramble.

        "Since your incident and hospital admittance, I've pulled some strings. We've got the hotel for a few more days. Your next opponent agreed to meet us instead of the other way around. But I don't want you to push yourself." His eyes grew wary as he eyed me. "If you still want some more time off, so be it."

        Ruffing my hair, I went and sat back down at the small table in the small kitchen. Josh followed, waiting for an answer, so I finally sighed. "No, I'm fine. It's in two days, right? Plenty of time to get prepared." I shrugged. "No worries."

        "I hope that's not a code for your next attempt of starvation," muttered Jacob.

        Annoyed that I continuously told everyone I hadn't been starving myself, I didn't reply. I was too busy focusing on other things I scheduled for my Friday. Desperation still settling heavy on my shoulders, I had gotten Grace's apartment address from Jacob, who had to slyly ask Grace with the excuse that he was going to try to swing by before we left town again.

        Simple, sweet, and to the point.

        And most importantly, it worked.

        The rain began to fall outside, and if not for me cracking the balcony door earlier for some air, you wouldn't even have heard it in the sturdy hotel. But I liked listening to the rain, which was the other reason why the door was cracked.

        Jacob stood, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before turning to watch the downpour. "Jesus. It's like Niagara Falls got tired of it's old location and found one right above us."

        Josh gave him a look. "You say some of the weirdest things some times, you know that, boy?" There was a trace of a smile on his lips.

        Jacob nodded. "So I've been told many times by fellow acquaintances."

        I had blocked them out after that somehow, taking another sip of the strong coffee while running through what exactly I planned to say to her. I thought I had already said enough in the hospital, but she had hardly swayed. Her mind set that she didn't love me anymore.

        Abruptly, I'm angry, hand tightening around the handle of the mug. Is it because of that other intern? I don't remember his name, but it was more than obvious how he felt towards Grace. Had I done something so horrendously that she would choose him over me?

        Stop sounding so selfish, I thought. I shouldn't be talking of Grace like she's a possession more than a person. I should be trying to respect her decision of trying to move on, right? If that's what she's doing, anyways.