Chapter 11

Do read the author's note. Love you all. 

'Bhaiya, thoda dekh ke lagaiye na. Woh dono color saath mei baith nahi rahe. Kisne bola aise lagane ko?'

[Bhaiya, do the work a little attentively. Those two colors don't go well together. Who told you to pair them up.]

'Didi ji, woh bhaiya ne kaha tha.' — He said pointing towards Arjun. Well, they both were working after all it was their best friend's wedding.

[That Bhaiya told us to put it like that.]

He was talking on the phone while sorting the lights. Meera tapped on his shoulder and he turned around. I did have a frown on my face.

'Why did you tell them to put yellow flowers with white? I specifically said orange flowers.' — I finished putting my hands on my waist.

'I did ask you, Meera. You chose the other one.'

'But you should have been careful. How is this color orange? You need to make it right now.' —- After finishing Meera turns around and proceeds towards the kitchen. They weren't just going to sit in the house.

'MEERA' — Khushi practically shouted.

'What? Why are you shouting? I am right here only.'

'You are here but you should be with me. I am the bride, after all.' — She is getting married today but now she wants to behave like a kid. Ab gussa bhi nahi kar sakte.

[ Can't even get angry now.]

'I am here now. Tell me what you want.' —- I cup her face and she holds my hand and says only one name. Of course, she wanted to meet Siddharth. When has this girl ever listened to me? I reluctantly say yes.

'Arjun, listen na.' — I say running behind him to catch up.

'You walk so fast. Mei kab se bula rahi hun.'

[ I have been calling you for so long.]

'Okay, what is it?' He says turning around and crossing his arms around his chest.

'Our Dulhan wants to meet the Dulha. Do something to solve this because Aunty is going to be mad. And you know why?' He had just nodded. Well, Siddharth is Aunty's son and she is going to get mad. He was about to walk away when I held his arm. All of this and I forgot he has his train tomorrow morning.

'What time's your train tomorrow morning?' I say looking at him. Well, now he is not looking at me. He is also feeling what I am feeling and probably is guilty of going too.

'You shouldn't hold back because of me. You want to go, you should go.'

He hugged me in an instant. I did hug him back. He might feel a little terrified.

'Agli baar ek piece mei hi aajana wapis.' —- I say still keeping my head over his heart.

[Come back in one piece, next time]

Maa was giving me 'the look' for quite some time. She was secretly happy for me too, I could feel that. I need to take her saree for the wedding. I always had my eye on her pink saree. It felt so feminine with the golden flowers all along it.

'Maa, give that saree, no. please.' — I say giving her my puppy face. She immediately says no.

'Woh meri favorite hai. Tu kharab kar degi.' – She says busying herself with chores.

'Aap kahan leke jaoge. Yahi chhod ke jaoge aakhir mei mujhe hi milegi.' — I say raising my eyebrow.

'Ek saree ke liye apni Maa ko maar rahi hai tu.' — She now says facing me and I shake my head hugging her.

[It is my favorite. You will spoil it.

Where are you going to take it? You will have to leave it here and ultimately I will get it.

You are killing your mother for a saree.]

The moon seemed to rise early today. How is it that her wedding is already here? I am here getting ready. Maa finally gave me the saree for tonight. Pairing it with jhumkas. I sat down to put my feet into torturous heels. Well, fashion cannot be done with comfort. My door opens and Arjun steps inside. Looking somewhat the way I saw him for the first time, clad in a gorgeous suit. But tonight, he is in a kurta, and that has my heart. He fastens the buckles of my left heel and I look down otherwise too lost in his face.

'Don't do that. Don't touch my feet.' He just gives a smile and reaches out again for my feet.

'There's nothing wrong with me touching your feet.' — I reluctantly let him touch my feet.

Maa knocks on the door and apparently, the pandit's here. Well, we are not needed urgently but we are best friends.

'Shall we?' He says holding out his hand.

'We shall.' I hold his hand and we walk towards the mandap.

A/N 

This might be the update for quite a while. I am joining college so I am not entirely sure how much time I am going to get to write the story. One of the reasons I wanted to update. Also I am positive that I am going to continue with the story. The update might get late as schedule is going to be messed up. 

also please keep giving love.