Chapter 15

Arjun’s POV

Arjun had just taken off from Chandigarh in his car to attend the housewarming party of his dear friend, Siddharth. His one true confidante since the start. He who stood beside him when he had lost his father. That day came as a harsh blow of a cruel reality. Right now, was not exactly the right moment to dwell on the painful memories of the past.
Siddharth was going to introduce his prospective sister in law today, face to face. The one who had made his serious friend turn into a love sick dog, that he ditched his meeting to just talk to her. She had to be special. He took a look to the gift that sat on the passenger seat. His mother had handpicked a dinner set for the family. It was her taken of love for her another son. Disturbing his reverie of thoughts, his phone began to ring loudly. It was Siddharth, as expected.

‘Bhai, where are you? Idhar party ruki hui hai tumhari wajah se. Jaldi aao.’ He said in a single breath
[Idhar party ruki hui hai tumhari wajah se - here party is at a standstill because of you.
Jaldi aao - come fast]
Meri wajah se? Jo tumne mujhe time diya tha uske hisaab se time par hun mai.’
[Because of me? I am on time which you gave to me.]
Tumhara farz banta hai ki tum apne jaise dost ki party mein jaldi aao.’
[It’s your duty to be present early in your friend's party]
'Just five minutes away.'
'Haan Haan, aa jao.'
[Okay, come fast.]

Arjun’s five minutes away wasn’t like any other person. His five minutes away was actually five minutes away. Afterall, he was in the army and diligently on time, always.

With the arrival of Arjun, the party had picked up its pace. Siddharth had moved into a really nice house. It complimented the family perfectly. A bungalow with a garden in front of it.
'I loved the house, Sir.' - I put forward a greeting Ravi Uncle.
'I am glad you liked it, beta.' He said taking me in a hug. My eyes drift to the figure in front of me. The girl besides Khushi. She was in baby pink Anarkali, fidgeting with a rose in her hand and laughing at something Khushi probably said.

The next moment, her face had a sulking expression. To her dismay, Khushi had left her to greet Siddharth’s family. She seemed sad and bored as she leaned against the wall looking towards the garden. She would take me for a creep if I just went and approached her. But should I? Or should I just tell Khushi about her?

As I started towards her, she quickly went and sat on the swing in the garden. Oh, that’s what she was staring at. She swung on the swing set as I set myself in her previous position, leaned myself against the wall and for a second our eyes met.

A second has never felt longer. Even with the distance, one couldn’t make out much but the shine in her eyes just could not be missed. Suddenly, my brain started playing the song Abhi na jao chhodkar. It felt like background music to the scene in front of me.

In the latter part of the party, Uncle calls me and I find her in front of me.
Meera.
The name was just as pretty as her, not that I had forgotten it or her. I could never.

A/N

Hello readers,

I know this update got a little late but I hope that Arjun’s POV made it up to you. Waiting for the comments.

Jaldi jaldi aajao comment section mein.
Thodi sa q and n karna ho toh bhi.
It is open for all of you.

Love,
Sonali.