Your

The week flew by quickly, each day feeling like heaven and hell at the same time. The awkward tension was undeniable, and even during times when it was forgotten, it managed to come back. Ashley is definitely one of my closest friends now, thanks to Conan, but now I'm confused about what Conan and I are. Since that night, it's been as if we're somewhere beyond friends but not lovers. I've caught him staring, and he's caught me. We've brushed hands too many times for it to have been coincidental, but neither of us has said anything about that night. 

The day has arrived when we have to take Ash to the airport. I'm dreading the drive back, as Cone and I are getting dinner together. Sure, we've been doing that all week, but we've always had Ash. 

This past week, as part of the sleepover, we've all slept in Cone's bed, because why not? It's huge too- an Alaskan king-size. Ash and Cone sleep on the edges, with me in the middle. We debated who slept where, and on the first night, I slept on the side of the bed but woke up on the floor, so I moved to the middle. Personally, I've been fine with it. It's nice not sleeping alone in a new area, especially since it's so dark in Cone's apartment at night!

I wake up, eyes still shut. I can feel soft, warm breaths on my neck, and suddenly my whole body jolts awake too. Shoot. Conan's face is buried in the crook of my neck, eyes shut, lips brushing my skin. His arm is lazily wrapped around my waist with his hand on my stomach. I realise that his other arm is underneath my neck, the hand on that arm clutching the blankets. His bottom leg is underneath mine and his top leg is tangled with mine, his thigh in between mine. He's as close as he could possibly be to me, his whole torso pressed against my back.

I don't know what to do. He's sleeping so peacefully, but we can't just stay like this! What will Ash think if she wakes up to see us like this? I whisper his name softly to try and wake him, but he only buries his face further into my neck, letting out a small groan, sending vibrations down my skin. I shudder at the foreign sensation, causing him to stir. 

"Oh~ erm..." He stutters, not moving, "Erm sorry... I didn't mean to invade your space at all!" 

"No, that's ok," I whisper, "it's nice having a hug!" 

Conan laughs quietly and untangles himself from me gingerly. I turn to face him, blushing. His pyjama shirt is askew and his shorts are barely sitting on his waist. I wrap an arm around his neck and pull him in for a hug. 

"How did you sleep?" He asks, petting my hair.

"Pretty good. You?" I sit up, crossing my legs and gesturing to him to put his head in my lap, which he follows, passing me a hairbrush. 

"Yeah, pretty good, especially since I was cuddling my teddy bear while I sleep!" I run the brush through his hair, gently working through any tangles and knots.

"Is that all I am to you?"  I mock gasp, "Just your teddy bear?! Pass me a hair tie please Cone~"

"Yep! You're my teddy bear!" he giggles, passing me my own hot pink scrunchie that I reluctantly purchased from Jayden's market stall when he and his partner started their own business. 

"That's my hair tie!" I protest, starting to braid his hair.

"So?! You asked for a hair tie! Besides, you never wear it!" He shoots back, and laugh

"Okay! Fine!" Tying his hair up with the scrunchie, he sits back up.

"Honestly, I see me keeping this scrunchie as a fair trade!" he says matter-of-factly. 

"How come?"

"You got to touch my hair! I've seen the talk online~ fans would die to be in your position. Petitions were even signed to stop me from cutting my hair!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Squeezing Ash tight, tears roll down my cheeks. 

"I'm gonna miss you, y/n," she says through tears.

"It's okay, we'll see each other again!" I smile.

"Take care of Cone for me, okay?" she whispers into my ear, "I don't like leaving him. I worry that he gets lonely..."

"I won't let him get lonely, I promise. Besides, we can always chat over the phone or Facetime- all three of us!" 

"We're definitely having a sleepover with teddy bear again soon!" Conan chuckles, pulling the both of us into a hug awkwardly. We all burst into laughter, just as Ash's final boarding call is announced. She waves goodbye and runs down over to the stewardess who is just about to close the doors. Conan and I sit down on a medium lounge chair together, waiting for her plane to take off, moments of silence pass as we observe our surroundings. Nobody here seems to recognise Conan, and I realise that it's probably way too late in the day, and in a very quiet terminal for many people to pass through here, let alone the right crowd and age of people. THOSE people don't pay $25 to get on a plane that has barely enough leg space for an infant and would be hot and sweaty inside on a trip to Antarctica. I go to get my phone out, but Conan's hand brushes mine as I move. Impulsively, I cup my hand over his. I avoid making eye contact but then, he flips his palm over to touch mine and moves his fingers in between mine. 

Neither of us says anything, but both of us seem to say so much from just one action. Finally, Ash's plane moves and speeds down the runway into the horizon. I look over at Cone, and I see a single tear run down his cheek. He rests his head on my shoulder and sighs.

"I need coffee. Let's go."