But

**Conan's pov**

Carefully placing the vinyl onto the record player and setting the needle to the beginning, the soft crackle and hum of the music fills the room. The record is y/n's present for me, and has mostly alt/indie on it.

I smile as Doses And Mimosas comes on. She watches my interviews. The thought of her scribbling down the name of the song a few years ago when the interview came out, just so that she could add the song to her playlist makes me laugh. 

I take out my phone, snap a photo of my outfit and post it.

Hey lovelies <3 2023 has been amazing, and I love y'all so much for supporting me through it, even though I know it's only October! There are some things I'd like to address and let y'all know before it gets to the hectic end-or-year time:

1) New merch on the way!!! NES inspired, as well as signed copies and shirts

2) New songs are being written as I type! Seriously, y'all should see the notes in my phone! Some will be entirely written by me but perhaps some more with Max Martin, the og legend also? Wait and see to find out!

3) I've fallen in love again <3 

4) Never Ending Song has been nominated for song of the year! How exciting?!

5) A good friend of mine has got a Redbubble store and adds new merch frequently- go follow her! Her fanart of my is gorgeous!

6) The Toronto and the Michigan concerts have been moved forward a day. 

7) The New York venue only allows 200 people on the last performance night due to some legal and venue restrictions. Therefore, tickets for that night will be more expensive, however, all tickets for that night will automatically include a meet-and-greet ticket also. These concert-goers will also get other fancy privileges announced closer to the time!

Aside from that- have a great day! Stream NES wherever u get ur music. Love y'all <3

My thumb hovers over the delete button momentarily, before I see comments pour in and remove my thumb. Dear me~ that's a lot of people commenting.

I go to text y/n but push down the urge. Conan- you need to... just ignore your feelings right now. They're wrong, you don't love her like THAT, you just... admire her. But just because we aren't more, doesn't mean that I can't... take time to appreciate her, does it? Like how even her clumsiness looks gorgeous, or how she'll randomly send you a whole bunch of random memes and YouTube videos is admirable. I never get it when she complains about what she or others see as flaws in her... they all seem beautiful to me. True, every person has ugly things about them, but y/n's just so... I don't really know how to describe it other than saying that she has so many beautiful things about her that the less-beautiful things seem to get covered up and are excused when revealed. 

Checking my Twitter, I already have thousands of people asking who the person I've fallen for is. I hold back gasping sobs of laughter as I climb into the only empty seat on the bus beside an elderly lady, seeing a comment saying: 'Dear god, if this is another 'girl at the coffee shop who said hey to me then left' situation again, things WILL get hostile'. I reply to the comment immediately, and the woman speaks up,

"Your quite good at that social chatting app thing aren't you young lady?" She says, pushing up her glasses.

"Mmm, yes," I chuckle, "Although I'm not a lady~"

"Oh sorry dear! Must be these new glasses! Your hair is just gorgeous. You look a lot like my granddaughter you know?"

"Really?" I ask, and I'm almost shocked. I don't mind being 'feminine', in fact, I've grown to like the term. Femininity has always seemed more natural to me, and I've come to embrace it in my fashion and physical appearance.

"Oh yes, she has long luscious curls, just like you! And she has a very similar face shape!" she pats my hand gently.

"Huh. Interesting! Where are you off to?" I don't flinch at the contact. Instead, it's surprisingly endearing and sweet.

"Garden city. I have a small flat there that my grandson owns. My neighbour, y/n is quite a sweet girl. She's getting my groceries for me because I was all out of food and I'm coming back from a doctor's appointment."

"It's not likely, but is that y/n l/n?"

"Oh yes? You know her?!" the lady seems surprised, but also delighted.

"She's one of my best friends!" I'm happy to meet someone who knows y/n too. Maybe y/n has mentioned me to this lady before... nah, I'm overthinking it.

"Oh, that's wonderful. Where are you going, young man?"

"Westbury. I'm going to a concert there," I admit, and her pale blue eyes light up.

"Fancy! Who are you going to see?"

"Actually... I'm performing!" I watch a lightbulb go off in her head,

"Oh! You're that young man that y/n always talks about- Conan Gray! That makes sense! She was quite right when she called you gorgeous! You know, she's a great neighbour, but I wish she'd turn the music down a bit sometimes. I do love the music that she plays, but hearing that song that she likes, I think it's called 'On and On', at 2 am in the morning at maximum volume is not exactly my preferred rock and roll party!" 

I let out a soft laugh, blood pumping in my face. Y/n called me 'gorgeous'? Surely this lady is confused but... she remembered my name.

"Well, this is my stop! Say hi to her for me, please! What was your name sorry ma'am?" I stand up, stretching my legs and cracking my knuckles subtly.

"Daisy. Daisy Wellford."