Christmas Eve

James POV

"James! There's mail for you", Fleamont's voice reached James's ears as he just finished up his Transfiguration essay.

"Hope it's a yes", I whisper as I run into the kitchen to see my dad feeding Cliff and my mom holding an envelope addressed to me.

"Who's it from, James?" My mom asked curiously. I recognized the writing but hadn't had time to tell my parents that we were dating yet so I braced myself.

"It's fro-", I was suddenly cut off by a loud voice entering the kitchen.

"It's from Lily. James wittle girlfwiend", Sirius said with a baby voice and was making kissy faces at me.

"Shut up, Sirius. Go bother, Marlene can you?" I shot back, trying to get my blush under control.

"Jamesie! You're grown up enough to have a girlfriend already?" My father teased which did not help his blush.

"Flea, lay him off. James? Is this the redhead that I've been hearing about since 2nd year?" Mom asked with a smirk.

"Okok. Everyone calm down. Yes Lily, the redhead that I've been obsessed over since 12 is now my girlfriend. I've invited her to the ball and that letter contains my happiness for the rest of the day. So please mom, can I have it?" I asked with a innocent smile on my face.

"Here you go", she chuckled before handing it over to me.

I quickly tore open the envelope and saw Lily's cute curvy writing and felt a weird warmth in my stomach and opened the letter.

Dear James,

I hope this gets to you as quick as possible. My parents said yes to the ball but they want to meet you first and asked me to invite you over for dinner on Christmas Eve. Is that ok? I really don't want you to think this is too quick but it's just my parents really want to meet you. If you're not ok with it just informed me. Ok?

Xoxo,
Lily

P.S stop complaining about having Sirius. I'm stuck with Petunia

"Oh yes, yes! Yes!!!!" I screamed and threw my hands in the air.

"I'm going to assume she's coming", Sirius said with a taunting smirk.

"Yeah, she is. And mom, dad, her parents want to meet me for dinner on Christmas Eve. Is that ok?" I asked, placing the letter into my pocket and making a mental note to reply to it as soon as possible.

"Sure, darling", Mom said with a warm smile.

"Big day, James. You're meeting the parents. Go get a haircut before that, can you? You look like you ran through the woods", Dad teased and kisses my mom before apparating off to work.

"Mom?" I call her after Sirius and dad left the room.

"Yes, dear?" She asks with a small smile.

"I umm I'm nervous", I admit while holding her gaze.

"Nervous? Whatever for?" She tiltls her head.

"Nervous to meet Lily's parent. What if they don't like me? Will she break up with me?" I express the thoughts that have been roaming my head since I read the letter.

"Oh, darling", Mom put both her hands on my cheeks.

"I'm sure they'll love you. Just be your normal charming self and they'll be more than happy to accept you and Lily's a smart girl I'm sure this will work out. If you want we could go shopping this Saturday?" Mom offered.

"Sure, mom. Love ya", I say as I pulled her into a hug. Mom and I haven't been spending much time together what with the war approaching and all and I knew how much she loved to bring me out as a child where we would have lunch, shop and play around for awhile. I missed that too so I decided why not do it again.