Stay

James POV

It had been a whole week and there was still no sign of Lily waking up. I haven't left at all and haven't slept either. All the teachers gave me special passes and Poppy let me stay while the Marauders brought me food to stay alive.

Peter had came back from taking care of his mother and had heard about Lily and came to visit. He seemed twitchy. Pete was always a twitchy kid but somehow he got worse over the summer and now he never talked as much. I made a mental note to ask him what's that about once all of this is over.

Dorcas and Remus became closer after that night. He took care of her with such gentleness. All of us could see how much they cared about each other but knowing Remus he will not let her in. Every time he's felt something for someone he pushes his feelings away because he thinks she will not accept his "furry little problem". I'll talk to him later.

Madam Pomfrey said she doesn't know when Lily might wake up. If she will. I never left Lily's side because I know that I wouldn't be able to get anything done with her laying here like this. Even though I might not be the one she wants to see as the first person she sees but I want to be there for her, no matter what.

"Potter?" A voice came behind me. I knew that voice without even turning.

"You have no reason to be here, Snape. You're the reason she's here in the first place", I said trying to control my anger.

"I never meant for it to get her. She came in the way of my spell", Snape reasoned.

"How does that make up for what happened?! You don't even feel the smallest remorse over your actions. What were you doing creating spells like that anyway?" I asked him incredulously.

"Shut up about things that don't concern you, Potter. You shouldn't be here anyway. She wouldn't want to see you. Leave and I'll wait with her", He said walking closer to Lily's bed.

"Snape, whether she wants to see me or not I'm going to wait here until she wakes up. We're friends anyways", I said smugly knowing this is a sore spot for him.

He stormed out of the room and slammed the door hard. I turned back to Lily and let my head fall on the side of her bed. My sleep schedule was messed up after the incident.

"James"

I heard something but it was so quiet that I thought I was hallucinating it. I thought I pushed myself to a point where I started to imagine things.

"James?"

Ok. That I definitely heard. I looked up and saw Lily's eyes barely opened and she was looking at me. I couldn't believe it. I raised the hand the wasn't holding her hand a brushes the hair out of her face.

"Lils", I said, my voice unbelieving.

"Hey. What are you doing here? What time is it?" She asked.

"Lils. You're awake. Hold on sweetheart", I said and ran to call Poppy.

Poppy ran out out her office and checked Lily thoroughly. She signed out of relief and ran to get a pick me up potion for Lily. She came back and handed it to Lily.

"You've made such a good recovery for someone in your state, Ms.Evans. Mr. Potter you can stop worrying now and go take some rest. I don't want another one of you in heree already", Poppy instructed and left us alone.

"Sure will do, Poppy", I say playfully. My heart had lightened after I saw Lily being able to move and talk normally. Well not normally as usual but this was better than nothing.

"James?" She called me.

"Yes, Lilykins?" I asked and lowered myself into the chair I had vacated upon Lily's wake.