[22]

wc: 0.5k

i fell asleep while uploading 💀💀

--

"what's up with you?"

you've grabbed tanaka and pulled him to an empty room of the house, the sound of the party continuing, now a simple muffled background noise as you close the door behind you.

he stands backed against the bedroom door, heart beating out his chest.

"i promise, i don't know who the fuck that guy is," tanaka shakes his head, brain spinning as he tries to recollect any memory of them, "i literally just ran into them,"

you feel your shoulders drop with ease for a moment, one problem solved. but he's still left some unanswered questions.

"what were you so pressed for, earlier?"

that does it.

tanaka's expression darkens into a scowl as he crosses his arms over his chest. you would feel uneasy if not for the way his cheeks flushed and the way he avoided your eyes, like a cute embarrassed pout.

"i was just making sure you were okay.."

"okay? okay from what?"

"that punk you were talking to was like," he licks his lips, trying to think of the word, "i don't know.. he was just looking at you funny, y'know? and i-"

he finally catches your gaze for a moment, swallowing as he accidentally brushes the back of his hand against yours.

"yeah?"

"it's nothing.." tanaka's voice softens

"no, continue, i'm curious,"

he sighs, stuffing his hand in his pockets as he tries to ignore the way your smile pokes through your serious face, almost like you are aware of just what you did to him. how you made him feel.

"the guy was just into you, alright? i could tell,"

"yeah?" you turn threatening to walk off, "and how would you know?"

that's.. fair

and tanaka wants to yell from the rooftops right now, cause how you got him cornered in this situation, he don't even know. but despite his heart about to beat out his chest, he grabs your wrist.

"he kept on trying to grab your hand," he reels you back in, fingers trailing down your wrist before he takes your hand in his,

you're silent as you look down at your fingers laced in his rough palm, tanaka rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb

"like this?"

"yeah.." he breathes, the contact feeling so natural,

"and then he was just looking at you,"

you slowly follow his gaze from your hand up to your lips, breathe hitching in the back of your throat.

"-like you're the only one in the world that matters,"

"man.." a wry laugh leaves your lips as you pull back, avoiding his eyes, "how can you say something so.. with such a straight face.."

it's always like this, nothing really changing. you couldn't get your hopes up for a guy like him.. falling from that height wasn't worth it.

"well, because," you blink as tanaka places a guiding hand on your cheek, his face looking just as nervous as you feel, "it's cause it's the truth,"

"i like you," he looks nervous as he looks at you eyes trailing to your hands that he holds in his, "like like you,"

"i like holding your hand, like this," his voice is light with laughter as he shakes your hand in his, "and hanging out with you, and,"

he pauses to finally look at your face,

"..and i like kissing you," he swallows, eyes flicking to your lips, "and i'd like to kiss you as your boyfriend,"

you squeeze his hand, letting him guide your chin in his as he closes the distance,

and after what feels like ages,

presses a gentle kiss on your lips

------

uhhhhhhh yeah 

🕳 🏃🏾‍♂️