[15]

mb y'all i didn't mean to post this late. tbh i didn't realize i'd be out the house for this long. best believe me when i say this will not be a regular occurence😭

buuuut enough of allat 😁

wc: 1.4k

———

saeko's car comes to a slow stop in front of your driveway illuminated by the streetlights. the whole street is quiet, and through the windows you can see the dining room light shining.

"thanks for the ride,"

"no problem!" saeko waves at you from her spot at the driver's seat as you gather your things from your seat, her fingers tapping along the wheel.

with your camera slung over your neck and backpack on your shoulder, you shut the car door behind you before making your way to the front door of your house. a sliver of light pokes through the slightly opened door, your parents having unlocked it for you upon hearing your arrival.

you turn with a smile to saeko as you give one last 'goodbye' wave, and shuffle inside.

your backpack falls from your arms to the floor while you gently set the school issued camera down, and slip off your shoes.

"welcome home," you hear your mom call from across the room. she sits at the dining room table, facing you at the front door, "how was your little sleepover?"

your mouth opens to talk about tanaka, but remembering what you had told your mom earlier, that story dies on your lips.

"it was really good, got a lot a work done," you manage a smile, but double take to see your mom's face creased in a scowl, her arms crossed over her chest.

the smile instantly fades from your face.

"come here," she mouths, beckoning you over from where your feet are glued to the floor.

your legs feel like they are made of lead as you shuffle across the polished wood floor, head hanging low. she looks so much more pissed off up close, her fingers drumming against her arms as she stares you down.

"i ran into miss 'president' and her mom at the store today," you stay silent as her eyes bore through you, "apparently, they didn't hear nothing about no 'sleepover'?"

she pauses, seemingly waiting for your response.

"i-"

"do you know how scary it is to realize your son is just out at goodness knows where?" she throws her hands in the air as her voice raises, not waiting for you to finish, "what were you even thinking?"

your lips purse as you try and come up with a suitable answer, but before you can her shoulders fall as she sighs.

"y'know what? i don't wanna hear no excuses tonight. go to your room,"

she motions to the staircase, ushering you to leave.

"wait until your father hears about this," she mumbles as you turn to grab your backpack and shuffle upstairs, a huge lump filling your throat.

the creaks of the floorboard sound way too loud in your ears as you make it to your door. it feels like your moms eyes are boring into you even as you close the door behind you, the dread of what's to come weighing heavy on your heart.

xx