[18]

wc: 1.1k

gonna see my bf miles morales and spider punk and miguel in theaters this weekend (sorry tanaka) how y'all doin?

------

your panel was a success evidenced by the way the club president had become all buddy buddy with you over the course of the last couple days. or at the very least she's quit houndin you.

your pictures and interviews were officially published, gaining a lot of traction. they had sold quite a few papers in the last couple days alone, finally clearing your name from her hit list.

"you did good," she hummed in the business of the journalism club room, dismissing you to leave.

a weight feels like it's lifted off your shoulders as you smile,

"oh, i forgot to ask you,"

you instantly straighten up in your spot, prepared for some new journalism club quest, but she eases your worries with a wave of her hand.

"at ease soldier. it's a question about your mom?"

"she's doing pretty good.. why?"

"no, my parents and i ran into her at the grocery store like a week ago. she said something about us having a sleepover?"

"oh.." you sigh, rocking back on your heels, "it's a funny story actually,"

funny for her at least. she has her little laugh as you tell her what had gone down last week before you're seeing yourself out the clubroom that day.

you've been grounded for just over a week by now, your freedom drawing nearer with every passing day. at the very least, you've gotten your phone back after pulling up a compelling case for all the safety reasons you'd need to keep it with you at school.

she relented, tossing it to you before you made your way out the door for school that morning.

days have passed since then and now, not only were you allowed your phone back, but you also had the liberty of inviting tanaka over to study. however, the two of you have not known a moment's peace since your parents have been made aware that you're "dating".

doors open all the time. that's the perimeter your parents have set so long as tanaka is here at the house.

it wasn't nothing to make a big fuss over really.

the way they was acting, it felt like they thought you would drop to your knees and start sucking his dick at the drop of a dime. which you sorta did i guess. but still..

it was embarrassing being monitored twenty-four seven like children.

tanaka seemed to be chill with it, showing up at your house every couple days to try and make the most of you guys' situation.

"i told you, it's cool," he always reassures you with a calm smile on his face, easing a hand on your shoulder. but honestly, if he had to see another page of math homework after practice, he was gonna puke.

the only thing pushing him through was the assurance he'd get to see you before your curfew. being seen out the door instead of pushed out a window was nice, but the feeling of not getting to see you as often as he wanted was settling in.

all of a sudden, everything reminded him of you, and he was sure to let you know, sending you random pictures and things just so he can hear the familiar buzz of his phone as you respond to him.

look at this flower growing from the wall, i almost crushed it!

i made dinner for me and my sis tonight. what do you think?

THIS BIRD TOOK MY FUCKING SANDWICH

every reply you leave has him lighting up.

he tries to imagine it. how you look on the other side of the screen, smiling at the picture of the pretty flower that made him think of you, at the blurry photo of his already half eaten dinner, or how you'd comfort him over the sandwich he lost to some random crow.

but it's not enough

and it leaves him with a unfamiliar feeling

"you okay? you've been pretty out of it today?"

tanaka looks up from his spot crouched on the ground, sugawara standing right above him.

"sorry about that," tanaka wipes the sweat off his brow, taking another hit from his water bottle, "its nothing!"

"alright," sugawara relents, eyes still suspicious of him, "but you know you can talk to me if somethings up, right?"

he pauses, scanning his brain for the right words. suga could help him, but he doesn't even know what he needs help with.

"of course," tanaka simply smiles, accepting the hand suga extends to him to lift him off the ground, and jogging to join the others for practice.

xx

you've gotten a sudden influx of popularity recently with the panel you published not even a couple days ago, people turning their seats to talk to you for a bit during this impromptu free period you've gotten from your teachers.

"so what are you up to this weekend?" a voice chimes from one of the desks next to yours.

he'd expect a guy like you to be popular. not like you weren't well liked before, of course. but he missed being the sole recipient of your attention. of your kind eyes. of your everything. it was an addiction at this point.

"oh, nothing much," you shrugged bringing tanaka back to reality, "just chillin i guess,"

his arms are crossed over his chest as he slumps in his chair before he catches your eye at a glance. fuck he was staring. but instead of a jab at him he feels his heart pound as your lips quirk up in that smile he adores as you wave, a smile only for him.

like he said. addiction.

and it's just so satisfying as he reminds himself that he's the one that gets to hang out with you every friday night, that he's the one who's been by your side the longest.

but it's gone as soon as it appeared, your face settling again as you turn your focus back towards whatever classmate was asking you questions now. it's too much for him to bear at this point. with an irritated huff, tanaka stuffs his hands in his pockets as he gets up to leave.

curious, you watch him exit before excusing yourself to follow after him, "i'm.. finna get some water,"

-----

this is kinda another incomplete chapter. the second part of it will hopefullyyyy be out before saturday ends soo yeah 

peace