Confession/ Movie Unviverse💕💜

A/N: I've wanted to see a short story about how Jay and Nya got together in the movie and I've read some good HCs but this is my take on how it happened. I hope you enjoy this one and remember requests are open always. Sorry for not updating lately...
Nya sat at her desk dreamily staring at Jay. Ever since Lloyd and the rest of their friends revealed themselves to be the secret ninja force Anya's feelings for Jay have been even harder to hide.
The one problem for Nya is that he seems to be completely clueless. Nya on numerous occasions has done just about everything to get him to ask her out.
She has had crushes before but this time was different. Whenever she saw Jay she would feel her stomach swirl and contort in unexpected motions. His smile would just light up her whole world. She stared at him as he doodled on the desk in English class. Nya was snapped out of her day dreaming when she heard Jays name called out.
"Mr. Walker, use paper," the teacher handed Jay some scrap paper. Kia ruffled his hair teasing him. Jay blushed and apologized not realizing he was writing on the desk. The class went on uneventfully. I collected my stuff attempting to talk to Jay but he was caught up by Cole off to art class. Kia wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Hey sis you good?" Kia asked. I nod. "I know you and that's I'm annoyed because Jay is being a dumb dork who won't acknowledge me," Kia said mater-of-factly. "That's very specific yet accurate bro," Nya sighed.
"He likes you back," Kia said reassuringly. "Then why hasn't he said anything?" Nya crossed her arms. The siblings were interrupted when a teacher walked up to them. "Why aren't you two in class?" The two looked at each other and simultaneously answered: "ninja stuff," they lied. The teacher nodded and let them be.
They returned to their conversation. "You know Jay outside of being a ninja and even then he's like the most shy person you'll meet." Nya admitted that it was true Jay was shy but couldn't he over come that for her? She wondered what she was doing wrong was she not clear enough.
"Sis I gotta get to class, Mr. Krux is the only one who doesn't give into 'ninja stuff'," Kia sighed. Before he left for class he said, "Maybe it's time you tell Jay instead of the other way around."
Nya thought about this. It's not exactly how she wanted it to be but she just wanted to be with him she needed to be with him. And she knew the exact way she was going to tell him. She was going to ask him to the Homecoming Dance.
————————————————
Jay sat at his desk unaware he was scribbling on the table. "Mr. Walker, use paper," the teacher handed him paper. He blushed in embarrassment. Kia ruffled his hair jokingly. He continued scribbling now on the paper. He couldn't pay attention to the lesson he was too distressed about his crush on Nya well crush isn't the right word for it. He is head over heels in love with her. He just knows she doesn't feel the same.
He reasons to himself that if he told her it would ruin their friendship not to mention it would screw up the team. He didn't want to be responsible for that. Besides every time he tried telling her something or someone interrupted him.
Class ended and he collected his papers. Cole met him in the hallway. "Hey buddy," Cole said taking his headphones off his head. "Hey," Jay said following his friend. Jay and Cole passed by a girl in the hall with maroon hair with a streak of blue and had a summer tan. Cole winked at her seductively. Jay took notice of this.
"You asking Seil to the dance?" Jay asked. "I already did," Cole said happily. "Cool," Jay smiled. "Which reminds me have you asked Nya wait let me rephrase that are you even going to?" Cole raised his bushy eye brows. "Haha, no, no, not ever, I'd kill myself first," Jay frowned as he sat down on a stool in the art class.
"Woah bro that's bit a extreme besides she likes you back," Cole helped. "She does not," Jay responded. Cole threw his hands up in defeat. "You're helpless," Cole shook his head.
———————————-
Today was the day, Nya was going to ask Jay to the dance. She had been asked by a few guys but she flatly refused. Other people tried asking Jay to the dance but Nya terrified every girl and guy from doing so.
"Kia I'm leaving without you," Nya threatened. "Ahhh fine I'm going to be late look at my hair Sis, I'm hideous," Kia cried. His hair was flat and not spiky like he usually keeps it. "I'm taking my bike," Nya said left to get her motorcycle.
On her drive to the school Nyas plan ran through her head. She was terrified and excited all at the same time. She wasn't one to make herself pretty for a guy, it wasn't her style, but she made an exception for asking Jay that day.
She parked her bike in the school parking lot meeting with her friends. They were all huddled up: Lloyd, Cole, Zane, Pixal, and Seil. "Hey, Nya," Lloyd, Nya's best friend said fist bumping her. "Where's Kia?" Zane inquired. "Bad hair day," Nya rolled her eyes. The group nodded in understanding. Nyas eyes meandered around her friends and saw one other than her brother was missing. "Where's Jay?" Nya asked her nerves now really kicking in. "He's talking to a teacher why?" Lloyd asked. Nya blushed but hid it. "Uhhh I may be asking him to the dance but don't make a big deal out of it or I will beat your faces in," Nya warned. Everyone smiled excitedly. "God finally," Seil said. Nya sighed. "I need to find him," Nya said. "I'll help you find him," Cole said giving Seil blowing a kiss to Seil.
Nya and Cole turned the corner to see Jay. Nya was about to make her move when Munce came and interfered. "Hey, Jay," she cooed. "Oh, hey hi," Jay smiled warmly. "Was there something you needed?" Jay asked innocently. "Um yes actually," she said. She waved her friends over and they held up signs that said: will you go to the dance with me.
Nyas heart dropped. Students crowded near to what was going on. Jay was taken aback. He harbored no feelings towards Munce he did think she was nice and she was pretty but he only had eyes for Nya. With everyone staring he felt corned. "Um yeah I guess so," Jay said overtly opposed. Munce jumped up and hugged him. Students clapped. Cole looked at Nya sympathetically. "Nya I'm-" Cole was cut off by the City attack alarm.
Nya smiled and shook it off though her heart was broken.
Jay caught up with the two still feeling unhappy. Everyone had to put aside their feelings as now was the time for them to save the city. The teachers gave them a pass to leave whenever they needed to attend their ninja duties and made sure to expunge any absences from their records.
"Lets go," Lloyd announced.
——————-
School was over by the time the ninja completed their mission. They all headed to the warehouse. They all plopped down on chairs and the couch. They were tired from the ordeal. They decided to just talk instead of play video games at the moment they were too excited on how the conversation went. "Soooo," Kia said smugly, "Jay did Nya-" Cole shook his hands violently in protest. Jay looked at Cole strangely as did the rest of the ninja except Nya. Kia being the idiot he was continuing his questioning left Nya a nervous wreck. Before Kia could embarrass Nya or humiliate her she cut him off. "We didn't have time to congratulate you on being asked to the dance by Munce," Nya saying this devastated her. The rooms mood dropped to an awkward one. Kia had a look of realization. "Oh yeah thanks," Jay looked at her sadly with a fake smile. "I'll be right back.
When Jay was out of ear shot the questions came flowing in. "What happened?" Kia asked his clearly disappointed sister. Cole frowned. "It doesn't matter,I didn't get there in time and I didn't have the chance to tell him that I like him" Nya sighed. "I'm going to head home," she said sadly. The ninja nodded understandingly.
When Jay came back he noticed Nya was gone. "Did Nya go home!" Jay asked hoping she hadn't. "Yeah," Kia said scratching the back of his neck.
————————-
"I'll be right back," Jay said walking to grab his back pack that he kept in the back of the warehouse. When he returned he heard the ninja mention his name. "What happened?" He heard Kia ask. He listened in.
"It doesn't matter,I didn't get there in time and I didn't have the chance to tell him that I like him" Nya said somberly. Jays heart fluttered. He wanted to move but he couldn't. She liked him? He couldn't get that out of his head. He stood there for about 2 minutes before returning to the group. When he re-entered the group Nya was gone. "Did Nya go home?" Jay asked. "Yeah," Kia said.

Jay decided to finally face his fear. He now knows Nya likes him so now he is going to do something about it. He went over to Munce's house. She was pleased to see him and with a stroke of shame he admitted he had no feelings for her and he felt corned when she asked him to the dance. He explained in the nicest way possible that he couldn't go to the dance with her because he was in love with someone else. She was heart broken, but Munce understood. She took the new graciously. Jay hugged her and thanked her for her understanding. There was only one thing left he had to do.
Jay was incredibly nervous but he pushed through. He drove over to Nya and Kias house on his electric bike he built himself. He knocked on the door and was answered by Nya who looked sorrowful. She was surprised to see him. He asked if he could talk to her. She nodded confused.
They sat down on the porch steps. "So Munce and you. I didn't know you liked her she's nice I guess," Nya laughed bitterly. "I don't, I-I told her I couldn't go to the dance with her," Jay admitted. "What?" Nya asked as she perked up. "I told her I was sorry but that I liked, I liked someone else," Jay said managing up the courage to look Nya in her eyes. Their hearts were both beating out of their chests. "Oh," Nya breathed barley managing to keep her heart from exploding. "I-" Nya began but was cut off by Jay. "I like you Nya and I wanted to ask you to the dance if you want that is because I heh would like that but heh," Jay stuttered his nerves starting to get the better of him. Nya felt her heart melt. She smiled. "It's okay if you don't want to I'm sorry if I-" now Nya cut Jay off and kissed him on his lips. The two melted into the kiss. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. She cupped her hand around his freckled cheek. His hand made its way to Nyas hair.
The two finally broke for air. "Yes I'll go to the dance," Nya said delighted. Jay smiled and this time took the liberty to kiss her.
The pair were interrupted by Kia opening the front door. His eyes opened wide to find his sister and one of his best friends making out. "Well I'm scared for life," he said and shut the door leaving them be. Nya and Jay blushed fiercely. They then shrugged it off and kissed again glad to finally be together...