Chapter 22

The two decided to skip the rest of classes and stay on the rooftop.

Hea already notified her uncle and gave a reason saying, she needed to help someone.

But in reality, Jimin needed a break. They both did.

They just sat next to each other in complete but comfortable silence.

That was, until Hea felt something on her shoulder. She looked down and saw Jimin sleeping.

What broke her heart was that this peaceful boy went through all of that at home plus anxiety which no doubt his parents helped to create.

She took her thumb and wiped the dry tears from his face since she was a bit taller than him.

"How can you think you're not good enough... You're literally the most perfect being I have ever seen." She whispered.

Hea fixed his hair properly and just stared at him.

She watched his peaceful breaths and the longer she did, the more she realized she couldn't live without him.

Then she thought about what she would've done if she was a second late.

No, she told herself. She wouldn't even think about it.

Hea swore to always protect him and make sure he knows he is worth it from now onwards.

She swore to never let him leave her side.

Because it would kill her if she lost him.

He is the only thing that's good in her life and there was no way she was gonna let him go that easily.

He made her life better. He made her see there was more to life than being just a troublemaker. He helped her become better. He made her calm in those situations where she raged.

And after doing all these things, Jimin thought about leaving. She wouldn't live without him.

'I will protect you from those people. I don't care to what lengths I have to go to; I will make sure you are safe. And this is my promise.'

And so it began.

Hea thought about every single thing she knows so far and tried to put the pieces together.

She knew she was onto something about Jimin's dad. She just had to find the correct thing to pick at. She began making a plan.

~

Jimin woke up and found himself on her shoulder. He blushed a bit but cleared his throat when the girl looked down at him.

"Awake?"

"Mhm." He sat straight.

"Wonderful. Cause school just ended." She told him getting up. Then offered him a hand.

"Grab your bag. Let's go."

Without hesitation, he took it and followed Hea out the school.

Jimin was alarmed when they turned to Jin's house direction and stopped.

"What happened?" She walked to him.

"We have to go to my house. Why aren't we going there?"

"I said before. I am never allowing you go there again. And you will listen to me Park Jimin." Hea said in a dominant tone.

Jimin protested.

"No Hea. I can't. They might look for me. They will look for me. What are they going to do when they find me? I don't even want to imagine that."