Chapter 11

On Monday, Hea got up and got dressed. She didn't come out of her room the entire day yesterday because her father was home.

She replaced the bandage on her hand after dressing and got ready to go to Jimin's house.

When she got there, Jimin was now walking out, and she hid her right hand in her skirt pocket.

"Let's go?" She asked with a smile.

Jimin nodded with a small smile, and they started their journey towards school.

Hea made it her usual to run in the bakery and get treats for them to eat on the way. Today she bought chocolate brownies for the both of them.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows seeing the girl offer it to him with her left hand.

He wasn't dumb. He saw her open the door with one hand, hold the things with the same hand and even asked someone to open the door for her to exit with the other hand free in her pocket. What happened to her?

Nevertheless, he waited until she was ready to tell him or until he prepared himself to ask her.

"It's good?" Hea asked after he took a bite.

"Yep." His usual response to that question she asked.
"Remember we have a test today?"

To his utter surprise, Hea nodded.

"Already studied and everything!" She cheered, giving him a thumbs up.

"That's great!" He smiled, encouragingly.

"Gonna blow them away!"

Jimin could tell she was excited. He never saw her this happy before; in school she always had a resting bitch face... Unless it was with him. Some part of him felt Happy. Elated even, that she's excited because of him.

They arrived at school and hurried to class for their math test.

Hea sat next to Jimin at the front, her new hobby, and took out the necessary.

Their teacher walked in just as the class was full and everyone became quiet.

"I will give you all five minutes to revise. I want no failing! Everyone must pass 70% or it's a week's detention." Mrs. Lee took her seat.

All her students began cramming except Hea and Jimin.

The girl scooted over to Jimin.

"Uh Jimin..."

He turned to her.

"I don't think I can do this. I wanna skip." She told him in a nervous tone of voice.

He widened his eyes.

Hea was nervous?! For the first time?!

Jimin panicked internally on what to do. He was too shy for any skin-to-skin contact, so how could he comfort the girl?

She looked so cute with her doe eyes; he's never seen before.

"Hea, take a deep breath." With shaky hands, he rested his on hers.

"You can do this. You studied and that's all that matters. When you get the paper, don't panic. Just remember what you've learnt and answer the questions." Jimin hoped that what he was speaking helped the girl.

"Five minutes up!" The teacher announced and got up with the stack of papers.

Hea went back to her seat after whispering a thank you to Jimin.

She couldn't help but like the feeling of his hand on hers. She wanted more of his touch. And knowing that he doesn't like skin to skin contact made her feel special.