21.

i woke up the next morning excited to start preparing for christmas.

i quickly changed into a sweatshirt and shorts before waddling downstairs.

"someone's excited!" ashton smiled as he sat at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

"usually it's just mom and i and we don't do a lot, so i'm really excited!" i replied with a huge smile.

eventually the rest of the boys came downstairs.

calum and luke said their goodbye's before heading out the door for work while michael went upstairs to grab wrapping paper.

"what should we make first?" i asked ashton.

"whatever you want love. you're the chef and i'm the assistant chef." he chuckled.

"mac n cheese because that will definitely take the longest to cook." i spoke as i grabbed a package of pasta.

"sounds perfect love." ashton replied as he went to the fridge to grab other ingredients.

the day went by in a blur. the boys arrived home and we were all waiting for dinner to be ready.

eventually, we reached the final dish, pumpkin pie.

"where's the pumpkin filling?" ashton asked as he went digging around for it.

"we don't have it?" i spoke quickly.

"no, unless i'm blind, but i really don't think we have it." ashton spoke softly.

"i'll go grab some from the store." i spoke.

"i- no, you stay, i'll grab one of the other boys. maybe you can prep the table?" i smiled softly.

"yes ma'am." ashton replied as he grabbed place mats.

i walked into the living room and looked at the three boys in front of me.

"who wants to go shopping for pumpkin pie filling?" i smiled.

"i'll go." luke volunteered.

"perfect." i replied.

"hey scarlet, i love you." calum spoke as gave me a thumbs up.

"i love you too cal." i smiled softly as i headed to the front door with luke.

we both got into the car and began driving.

"so, how are you feeling about becoming a mother?" luke asked.

"i'm nervous. i don't know how to do anything and i don't want her to be upset or messed up in a sense." i spoke slowly.

"i get that. you can't mess her up. as long as you love her, she won't be messed up." luke replied as we pulled into the store.

"can you please go in." i spoke as i looked over at luke.

"why?" he spoke curiously.

"my feet hurt." i whined.

"yeah yeah, stay here." luke spoke with an eye roll.

"i cant go anywhere else anyways." i grumbled as i leaned back.

it took luke maybe 5 minutes before he was back in the car.

"i got the last can." he smiled proudly.

"i'm so proud of you." i spoke sarcastically.

"i know." he replied with a smirk.

as we were driving back, we approached a red light and stopped.

"how do you like calum?" luke asked.

"what do you mean?" i asked.

"i mean-

luke was cut off by a car slamming into my side of the car before we slid across the pavement and into the sidewalk.

i immediately felt pain in my stomach before everything went black.

calum's pov

where the hell were they? it shouldn't take this long to grab a container of pumpkin filling.

all of a sudden i got a phone call from luke.

"w- "we were in a crash. i couldn't call. the car hit scarlet's side. she's unconscious. meet me at the hospital." luke spoke in a raggedy tone.

"are you hurt? are you okay?" i asked quickly as i stood up.

"i'm fine. her side took the impact. just hurry!"
luke shouted before hanging up.

i quickly rushed around and grabbed my car keys.

"wait where are you going!" michael yelled as he jumped up.

"they were in a crash! scarlet took the damage, hurry!" i shouted as i ran out the door with michael and ashton right behind me.

we drove to the hospital and quickly jumped out.

i ran into the emergency room and saw luke sitting there.

"she's going into surgery. bella is with her. don't worry." luke spoke shakily.

"is she going to be okay?" i spoke as tears flooded my eyes.

"we don't know." luke spoke softly.

"what do you mean we don't know." i spoke coldly.

"i mean i don't know if she's going to be alright cal."