15.

calum's pov

"what the fuck is wrong with you!" i yelled as i quickly picked up an unconscious scarlet and placed her on the couch.

"i-i wasn't thinking, i-i'm sorry." mavis whispered as she stumbled back.

"clearly! she's pregnant mavis." i spit out as i turned my attention back to scarlet.

it didn't take long before we had the police and ambulance at the door.

"i'm a doctor. i'll travel with the ambulance." i spoke firmly as i hopped into the ambulance.

"i- "hello ma'am, i'm going to need a statement from you." the police officer spoke as she took mavis back into the house.

i quickly pulled out my phone and called bella's office.

"h- "it's calum hood. scarlets hurt. she was pushed down a flight of stares." i spoke quickly.

"what happened?" bella asked.

"her mom happened." i groaned in frustration.

"i'll meet you outside." bella replied as she hung up the phone.

it didn't take long before we were at the hospital.

bella quickly took lead and began to check the baby and hear for a heartbeat.

thankfully, we heard one.

bella quickly backed up and allowed the on call emergency department physician to take over.

"her mom needs to be in jail for this. she can't push her pregnant daughter down the stairs." bella spoke angrily as she slapped her gloves off.

"i agree. it wasn't intentional- "calum, she could have killed the baby." bella spoke calmly.

"i- "don't defend someone who couldn't control their emotions and could have caused serious harm to someone who hasn't even entered this world yet." bella interrupted sternly.

a couple minutes later, the on call emergency department doctor came out.

"she's going to be fine. she has a minor concussion and a few bruises, but she should be fine. she's very lucky the fall didn't cause more harm." he spoke gruffly as he walked back into the ER.

fuck, this could have been really bad.

mavis's pov

"can you state your full name for the camera." the female detective spoke firmly.

"mavis johansson. why are you even interrogating me! she's my daughter! i love her." i spat out.

"your daughter fell down the stairs. we need to know how it happened. she's pregnant." the female detective spoke. "my name is detective haley dublare."

"she just fell! what else is there to know?" i questioned.

"you are aware that lying will make the consequences worse. we are going to ask your daughter what happened when she wakes up and if there are any inconsistencies, you will be held liable." haley spoke firmly.

"well aware, i would never hurt my daughter." i mumbled as i kept my hands folded in front of me.

i loved my daughter.

scarlet's pov

i woke up to a blurry room in front of me.

"hey beautiful, open this pretty eyes for me." i heard calum speak softly from next to me.

i slowly opened my eyes and immediately panicked.

the baby.

"the baby's fine. don't worry. we had bella check the minute you came in." calum spoke as he gently grabbed my hands.

i nodded slowly and motioned for water.

calum nodded and handed me a glass of water.

suddenly, ashton came walking in.

"i believe you and i have something to discuss." he spoke calmly as he sat down next to me.

"there's nothing to say. it was an accident." i shrugged softly.

"she could have killed the baby and seriously injured you scarlet." calum spoke slowly.

"im not going to put my mom in jail." i spoke as i glanced up at the two of them.

"we're not asking you too, but we are asking you to stay with us until she's become more accepting about the situation." ashton interrupted.

"she would never agree to that." i chuckled.

"whether she does or doesn't means absolutely nothing. she knows what she did and should want what's best for you." calum spoke slowly.

all of a sudden, mom came running in.

"hi baby, are you okay? im so sorry." she rushed out.

"don't be, it's okay." i spoke as i moved myself away from her.

"i want to stay with calum." i spoke calmly.

"absolutely not." mom replied with a chuckle.

"if you don't let me stay with calum, i will tell them what you did."