1.

scarlet's pov

i sat on the toilet with tears in my eyes.

it was fucking positive.

my mom was going to kill me.

i quickly buried the pregnancy tests in my trash can before sitting there mindlessly staring at the floor.

this couldn't be true.

i couldn't be pregnant, i was only sixteen.

i shakily grabbed my phone and looked up ways to get rid of the pregnancy.

i was in california and could legally go to an abortion clinic without telling my mom.

my dad dipped out of the picture when i was younger.

my mom, mavis, raised me on her own, she took care of me all by herself, while establishing her job as a successful business owner.

you may be wondering how i ended up in this situation.

just my luck and an ex boyfriend, tommy, who thought that no meant yes.

it happened a couple weeks back and i cried. i still cry over the situation.

mom didn't know, and i planned on keeping it that way.

now i was pregnant and i had no clue what to do.

i gently wiped the tears that were falling down my face and splashed my face with water before walking out of the bathroom.

"hey baby! dress nicer, we're going to go out to dinner with cal and his friends!" mom yelled from downstairs.

"okay!" i yelled back as i went into my room.

i went into my closet and grabbed a bagger red dress and black heels.

i quickly slipped into the dress before walking to the bathroom to look in the mirror.

i wasn't even showing yet i felt like i was.

i put on a little makeup and straightened my hair before walking downstairs.

"aw baby, you're so beautiful." mom smiled brightly.

"so are you." i replied softly.

we quickly headed out the door and to the car before driving off to the restaurant.

as soon as we pulled in, we saw the boys waiting in front.

"hey baby!" mom smiled as she walked towards calum with a smile.

"hey love." calum replied.

"hi." i muttered awkwardly.

"hey lovely." calum chuckled as he gave me a high five.

"you remember my mates right?" calum asked.

"yeah! ashton, luke, and michael." i smiled as i pointed to each man in front of me.

all of a sudden, we heard one of the waiters calling our names.

i was in no mood to go out right now.

we went inside and all took a seat before we ordered.

dinner was surprisingly uneventful.

i had my usual salad and lemonade.

we finished in about an hour before we all headed outside.

"how about you guys come over for a drink?" mom offered.

"i'm in. how can i turn down a drink?" luke chuckled.

"we'll meet you back at the house baby. i love you." calum smiled softly as he gave mom a soft kiss.

mom and i headed back to the car and as soon as we arrived home, i went upstairs and changed my clothes.

i quickly called one of my best friends, liliana.

"hey babe. what's up? are you okay?" liliana asked.

"i'm pregnant." i whispered.

"what? you're joking right? that dumbass bitch didn't wear a fucking condom?" liliana spoke firmly.

"n-no. i-i'm scared though. i don't know what to do." i whispered with tears in my eyes.

"well, stay calm. i'll come over tomorrow and we'll figure it out okay babe? love you. don't panic." liliana spoke before hanging up.

i wiped my eyes just before i heard a knock on the door.

"hey, i was just wondering if i could use your restroom. luke has unfortunately taken the other one." ashton spoke quickly.

i nodded and sat back on my bed.

a couple minutes later i heard the toilet flush and the faucet turning on before ashton opened the restroom door and left.

i slowly walked back in and saw the pregnancy tests near the top of the trash and felt my heart drop.

he fucking knew.

ashton's pov

i couldn't believe what i was seeing.

was she pregnant? was it a friend of hers?

i slowly walked downstairs and motioned for calum to come talk to me.

"hey, do you think mavis is pregnant?" i asked quickly.

"what? absolute not. i use condoms." calum spoke firmly.

"i saw pregnancy tests in scarlet's trash." i spoke softly.

calum stood there silently for a moment before speaking up, "okay, want me to go talk to her?"

i could tell he was feeling awkward.

"no, i can do it. i just wanted to see if you were aware." i replied.

i was a shrink after all. awkward isn't in my blood.

scarlet's pov

i quickly grabbed the pregnancy tests and stuffed them into my dresser before sitting back on my bed.

i heard a soft knock on my door and felt my heart drop.

"hey, it's me ashton, i just want to talk real quick." ashton spoke from the other side.

"o-okay." i stuttered.

ashton opened the door and sat down on my desk chair.

"look, i'm going to be 100% honest, i saw the tests in the bathroom. are they yours or someone else's?" ashton spoke bluntly.

he really saw them.

"i-i don't know what you're talking about." i stuttered.

"yes you do. don't lie. this is a serious situation. are you pregnant?" ashton asked.

my silence was all he needed to know the answer.

"does your mom know?" ashton asked softly.

"no, but please don't tell her. i haven't decided what i'm going to do yet."

all of a sudden i heard shuffling feet and saw calum dragging my mom upstairs.

"i'm taking her to her room, then joining this conversation as i do believe i need to be apart of it." calum spoke as he walked past the door.

what the hell have i gotten myself into.